Trenchman

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
Northern england
Detector(s) used
Sov gt laser @fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi trenchman here just came home from work and put the net on and it seems I have been on a yank forum who don't know much about beach trenching. I have got all the tricks and tips to give them but but most of them are thinking it is some kind of game if this is what forums are all about then great it u want to do that I think it is total disrespect and great fun to you who have nothing else to do but from where I stand its like being back at school I've found more in one day than most of the people who have replied have found in a year .where I come from you lot are called sand kickers yet I must say some replies where sound many thank happy hunting the trenchman ps I wil still continue to post the tips and tricks watch this space as for the silly one who was thinking I was going to ask for money I don't need it I love to help other in the hobby so you can sleep ok

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I can think of few members who are on the verge of being Banned for ignoring my warnings :(

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Its like a bad fishing trip. Or driving hours up north only to realize its lake Atlantic. Thats precams. Now conditions suck and everyone is on edge. I love this hobby!

Northern Lights

Sep 15, 2008
Georgian Bay Lake Huron, 2 hrs N. of Toronto
Detector(s) used
whites surfmaster pulse, tesoro silver sabre, fisher 1280x
I'm assuming he may be refering to what we call troughs, the furrows or dips in between sand bars. I work these all the time here on the Great Lakes with great success, but then I don't have tidal effects to contend with . Tide may be leaving something different.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny.. what I'm picturing is a "trench" dug not much different than an archaeologist would dig a "box" revealing the different layers.
The walls of which could be scanned with a pin pointer.
Then... moving your "wall" either horizontally or forward by dropping material off of its face as you back fill behind yourself.
That method has been used for a very long time by artifact hunters during a dig but instead of a metal detecting device a small blade or trowel would be used to scrape the material listening and feeling for objects that hit the blade.

Last edited:

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is some bad info being promoted on this thread that needs to be straightened out.

FLauthor, first off any area along the fl coast consisting of the 1715 wreck is under lease up to the HIGH tide line. Detect below the high tide line and you can be arrested or sued by the lease holder.

As Tarpon pointed out the colored beach is part of the 1715 wreck area so again below the high tide line is off limits to detectors.

NOW the only legal way to detect below the high tide line on ANY of these leased areas is to contact the lease holder and work out a sub lease with them according to THEIR rules and regulations.

Sure you might get away with detecting on a lease holders property, but thats just like going on property you do not own and detecting, which is not one of our CREEDS.

Disclaimer: This post in no way shape or form is in reference to the orginal poster of this thread, it is merely to correct statements that were made by other posters that "could" cause a fellow hunter to get themselves into trouble.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting is allowed on all the 1715 fleet beaches from the foot of the dune to the average low tide line.
A lease only goes up to the low tide line

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY Gatorboy, I was told the high tide line, if in fact that ruling has changed then I stand corrected, as my query was severial years ago, at which time I was trying to work out a sub lease's on severial different areas.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome sometimes people just confused that one also

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY Gatorboy, I was told the high tide line, if in fact that ruling has changed then I stand corrected, as my query was severial years ago, at which time I was trying to work out a sub lease's on severial different areas.

Mean low tide line is accurate

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Detecting is allowed on all the 1715 fleet beaches from the foot of the dune to the average low tide line.
A lease only goes up to the low tide line

This is a great time to encourage all viewers to read the county ordinances for the area they wish to hunt. In Florida, most county websites have a link to their ordinances as well as archealogical guidelines that define artifacts, excavation, etc.

G.B. - from what I've read, your posts have been neutral and helpful to all parties. :icon_thumright:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just don't understand what this thread is about. If you are the best at trenching tell us stories or post your finds.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still patiently awaiting actual information.........................still.............................

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean, you have no idea what this thread is about?
When you know you don't know, you know!

Lmao. I literally have no idea what this thread is about. Like what are you guys even taking about. I can't even tell what you're arguing about. Something about digging holes? This thread is a disaster/

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds about right.
Except it would be more effective to use a sifter/classifier to find all artifacts than a pin pointer.

That's funny.. what I'm picturing is a "trench" dug not much different than an archaeologist would dig a "box" revealing the different layers.
The walls of which could be scanned with a pin pointer.
Then... moving your "wall" either horizontally or forward by dropping material off of its face as you back fill behind yourself.
That method has been used for a very long time by artifact hunters during a dig but instead of a metal detecting device a small blade or trowel would be used to scrape the material listening and feeling for objects that hit the blade.

Last edited:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry ; Do you know the entire worlds Laws ?

& exactly what he means by trenching yet ?

an off topic example. growing Pot may be an illegal activity here.
discussing ways to grow Pot is freedom of speach I think,
but in other parts of the country, growing is perfectly legal.so it is no longer discussing an illegal activity,
just off topic for treasurenet.

so digging holes on beaches may be illegal where you are,
but not where someone interested in using the procedure is.

TreasurreNet is for the world not just for areas with allot of
baby sitter laws, storm troopers & arrest quotas to meet :tongue3:

a simple disclaimer is all that is needed.

TreasureNet is not responsible for the content of any forum message, link, or directory listing contained herein. Areas of TreasureNet are world writable. Visitor assumes all risk for downloading information from this website.
There are no warranties expressed or implied as to the results obtained from the use of the information contained herein.

http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=ruleshttp://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules
OK with that said, Trenchman ,You said you find as much in one day as most of us find in one year . So lets see some PIC. Here in the U.S.A. we all hunt natural trenches. With wave and surf action this works like your trenches. We all may have been a little rough on you when you first came on the Net, for that I'm sorry ! And now welcome to the Net.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread