Treasure Coast report

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I camped at Longpoint this past weekend for a few days. Weather was nice and warm, so I was happy. I got a chance to use my new to me BHID, I like it and it goes deep... I used all metal which is alot like runnin my DFX in mixed mode. Didn't find much, first run so I switched to the DF and same results... never went so long without a signal. I have never hunted the area so I was at a loss there, but I did find one small spot with lots of large cocoina scattered about, and had a few hits. I can see how this beach is so much more depenent on weather. In NSB I can always get hits of something due to the volume of people. Did find a couple pieces of beach glass though, and we made a trip to the museum looked around and all the stuff they had which might be enough to get the wife more interested. I will defiantly hit it again, but I guess I need to wait for some weather movement first. Maybe try to meet up with some of ya'll S. of me next time i make it down that way.:icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems we just can't muster enough consistent flow this year. As soon as some good things start to develop the wind/current shifts and things just fade away again. :BangHead: Mother Nature is being a tease.

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
downsized_0111141347b.jpg

Finally got the pic from the wifes phone... it is a cool campground for sure...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread