Whites Surfmater PI Dive Rod?

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just getting into Scuba Diving and am a little worried about the length of my detector shaft. I know they used to make a dive shaft for this detector but don't know where to get one. I would like to purchase one used if possible. Please contact me if you have one laying around and would like to sell it.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You can shorten the stock rod up plenty. I do that and unsnap the box, and use a weight belt-belt, to hold the box on my waist. Works fine. The White's Surfmaster PI Pro is powerful enough that you want it out in front of you. Some of the older PIs, TRs and VLF were not so powerful and you could use them near your body and all the metal. I have several and they work great! Good luck, Steve.

xplrer

Dec 14, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
DFX, Eagle 2, Bandido 2 umax, Ace 250,White's Surf PI
I have a short dive style shaft that came on my White's pi unit. What is it worth to you? If you are interested in it please pm me. Thanks

whodom

May 6, 2006
What's a "diver shaft"? I have the PI Pro and have never heard of this. Educate me. W.

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A diver shaft makes your detector a lot shorter. When you are scuba diving and detecting you don't want your coil too far in front of you so the Diver shaft makes your detector real short so the coil a little more than arms length away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread