Is anyone besides me having trouble with opening "more" for complimentary icons? ...

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Is anyone besides me having trouble with opening "more" for complimentary icons? ...

could be my computer, but not sure:icon_scratch:

Here's what happens: Sometimes I like to choose from "more" smiley icons, but when I click on "more" , all I get is a small blank screen ...no long list of icons as I used to be able to get .

Then when I close the blank screen, my main "reply" screen freezes up; I can't type any more reply messages, and I have to close the site and get back on again and start all over :BangHead:

Please let me know if anyone else is having this problem/.

Also I am unable to view the photos in the "slide" mode as I used to up to a few weeks ago.'

I try to open the photos to view them as a slide presentation, but all I get is a small dark screen with a tiny white wheel turning...nothing else happens....annoying

Well, thanks for reading and maybe someone can enlighten me on the cause of this situation.

Lorraine

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works right for me too.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whats been happening to me is lately when I try to post some pics and complimentary gifs from my
home computer - message comes up = not a viable pic
these are pics and gifs I posted many times

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had problems in particular with the Icons,

but I have had things bog down so bad the little wheel will spin & spin,
and pages would not open.
sometimes to the point I would either get completely unable to do anything until after a
message would appear saying the server cannot be found,or this message

Untitledo.jpg

these timeouts have lasted me from 3 Minutes to 10 minutes

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had problems in particular with the Icons,

but I have had things bog down so bad the little wheel will spin & spin,
and pages would not open.
sometimes to the point I would either get completely unable to do anything until after a
message would appear saying the server cannot be found,or this message

View attachment 935205

these timeouts have lasted me from 3 Minutes to 10 minutes

I get this on occasion lately, also. But all I do is log off and close and then reopen the page, get back on with no issues right away. :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get this on occasion lately, also. But all I do is log off and close and then reopen the page, get back on with no issues right away. :dontknow:

are you using comcast ? fireFox ? I'm trying to find a connection.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,
I think the "site" is having a compatibility issue, and here's why. I was only having minor issues every now and then until I tried to "reply with your quote" in sponse to your question.....then all heck broke lose, couldn't do anything at all on Tnet. I finally had to do a complete reboot in order to get back onto "Tnet" to respond to your question. However, prior to rebooting I checked and I had no issues with any of the other site's I frequent.

PS: I use Firefox

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,
I think the "site" is having a compatibility issue, and here's why. I was only having minor issues every now and then until I tried to "reply with your quote" in sponse to your question.....then all heck broke lose, couldn't do anything at all on Tnet. I finally had to do a complete reboot in order to get back onto "Tnet" to respond to your question. However, prior to rebooting I checked and I had no issues with any of the other site's I frequent.

PS: I use Firefox

Same here, As I was posting to you, I could feel it coming on & eventually got the 504 again.
right after everything came back.

admin told me it may be problem with equipment between my computer and the website,
since no one else is complaining.

well now I know it is not at my end :thumbsup:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also think the recent pushes toward all the cell phone technologies, mini apps., ect., is another reason some people are having issues. An awful lot to integrate into a site these days and it's advancing at such rapid pace. Even some of the larger major sites are battling it. So many platforms to satisfy. Too many.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...it's a compatibility/admin issue. After I rebooted I had not trouble logging on, going and using whatever I wanted, until I tried to send you a PM, then everything froze up and finally timed out with the same gateway message. Finally had to close the window and do another reboot before I could get Tnet to come back up. My son uses an apple and we have a terrible time with e-mails sometimes, he has no problem opening mine but sometimes his gives me fits, even rearranging the content, etc. A lot of times I can't even reply and send, just have to close the email and send him a new one. This appears to be the same sort of thing, the site not being completely integrated, depending on where you go and what system you're using. I'm pretty certain this is what's happening and that Admin is aware of it and doing all they can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread