AAARRRGH!!! Stupid sand!

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went out with the detector yesterday to try out my new harness (which worked great). I was swinging by the base of a cut in front of the dunes when I got a decent signal. Six inches down I spotted what looked like a metal pipe of some kind. I managed to dig about 8 inches alongside it but then I had to give up. That sucker was heading back into the dune and I wasn't able to budge it at all! I was thoroughly maddened when I realized if I kept digging, I would not only end up in the dune but also risk a possible collapse. So I ended up covering the darn thing back up not knowing what it was!!! Feeling very frustrated right now!!!

Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Was it a pipe or a cannon???? Hummmmm.... I feel your pain. I had to find the answer to a similar question on my beach. 4' down, one was a steel belted radial truck tire and one was an aluminum beach chair. Both could have been a chest of gold, but alas that was not to be. You were better off not digging to China for nothing but junk.... At least that is what you have to keep telling yourself. HH, Beach papa

OP
OP

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
I guess so. I keep imagining myself stuck like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz. Just picture a dune collapse with nothing but a pair of crazy socks and sneakers sticking out...lol!!! Silly me, I have to find something humorous or else the "what ifs" will bug me FOREVER!!!

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't chase those old galvanized pipes...there's no gold or silver at the other end...move on for the good stuff...:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread