Leaving east coast Fl for Gulf Coast Fl

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Moving from south Florida to Gulf coast in a few days. Should be interesting to see how the finds ratio changes. I like the idea of calm water leaving most items where they were deposited vs items being thrown around and sanded in repeatedly.
Took my share off the east cost though but looking forward to a new beach!
Sorry west coasters but make room for one more!

Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Funny how perception can be..... I was just thinking of a road trip to the East Coast of Florida..... The gold is yellower on the other side of the state.....:dontknow:

Good luck, maybe we can run into each other.

Cliff

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how perception can be..... I was just thinking of a road trip to the East Coast of Florida..... The gold is yellower on the other side of the state.....:dontknow: Good luck, maybe we can run into each other. Cliff
Cliff, it doesn't get much "yellower" than the finds you have posted here! I wouldn't waste the gas unless you just need a road trip which we all like to take occasionally! I'm having nightmares of nothing but stale, sanded in beaches!

Last edited:
OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny how perception can be..... I was just thinking of a road trip to the East Coast of Florida..... The gold is yellower on the other side of the state.....:dontknow: Good luck, maybe we can run into each other. Cliff

Hey Cliff!
It seems it's been constantly sanded in here with very few decent targets showing up since all the beach restoration projects that have taken place in the area. Pre sandy it was good for finds, during sandy was awesome, but after not so good. Surf is kicking up a few items here and there but seams like clad pockets in a desert during a walk up the beach.
Surf rarely allows any time for a water hunt and when it does most targets are beyond reach of a detector and wet sand hunting on occasion will have a minute amount of clad popping up but usually deep in the fresh sand from the water.
Just hasn't been the same lately and I'm looking forward to being on a different beach.
Would be cool to run into each other out on the beach once settled in.
Beautiful finds lately!
Congrats

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how perception can be..... I was just thinking of a road trip to the East Coast of Florida..... The gold is yellower on the other side of the state.....:dontknow:

Good luck, maybe we can run into each other.

Cliff

Yellower, maybe. But it's really tiny gold over here, very low K stuff, would take an entire bucket of the stuff just to pay for your gas. :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cliff!
It seems it's been constantly sanded in here with very few decent targets showing up since all the beach restoration projects that have taken place in the area. Pre sandy it was good for finds, during sandy was awesome, but after not so good. Surf is kicking up a few items here and there but seams like clad pockets in a desert during a walk up the beach.
Surf rarely allows any time for a water hunt and when it does most targets are beyond reach of a detector and wet sand hunting on occasion will have a minute amount of clad popping up but usually deep in the fresh sand from the water.
Just hasn't been the same lately and I'm looking forward to being on a different beach.
Would be cool to run into each other out on the beach once settled in.
Beautiful finds lately!
Congrats

I know what you mean, got tired of fighting the surf and frustrating sand situation myself, have since taken a long break from it all until conditions improve, if they improve this year? I'm about to turn the treasure troll loose again to see if he can summon up a really good northeaster. :laughing7:

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hernando beach but there's no beach in hernando

I use to live in Hernando County. Pine Island is nice, but plenty of detectors there. But you never know when you'll hit. The tide let's you walk out for a great distance, which is nice if you have a water detector. I do like the gulf side a little better than the ocean side....probably caused I always brought my children to Pine Island when they were very young because it was so calm. Enjoy it!

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I use to live in Hernando County. Pine Island is nice, but plenty of detectors there. But you never know when you'll hit. The tide let's you walk out for a great distance, which is nice if you have a water detector. I do like the gulf side a little better than the ocean side....probably caused I always brought my children to Pine Island when they were very young because it was so calm. Enjoy it!
Thank you L.P.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your ending up just north of me. Maybe we can hook up and meet up with Cliff. I need a little incentive nowadays. Whatdayathink? I'm an X eastcoaster also. :icon_scratch:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you may just get to see him Cliff. Sandy didnt do much for many of our beaches on this side of the island either. It dug them deep.... collated the targets.... then buried them deep again and put some sand out there we just cant get rid of.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions