Auckland, New Zealand
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-track, Excalibur 2 ,CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Treasure Hunting Adventures with White's Dual Field PI

Good Day Everyone !
As I have decided to add Dual Field to my Armory of detectors, please enjoy the report on what happened during first 3 days of trial :

The best finds are following rings :

ring.jpg

Silver from Dry Sand on Day TWO

IMAG0895.jpg

Two 9CT rings from Water detecting on Day THREE

Today was a DAY 4 with Whites and water detecting , the result is pretty good :-) Gold# 4 for the year and 3d for the White's Dual Field

gold.jpg

Other finds from today (water + dry sand for an hour):

IMAG0904.jpg

treasure+hunter.jpg

Enjoy the Hobby & happy hunting everyone !

Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx for sharing Drunk Brother:
I found the comparison between the CTX 3030 and the Dualfield especially interesting.

Not bad, for one hour with a new detector.
Finding a dollar ninety in one hour, would be exceptional for where I detect and ten dollars would be rarer - to extinct since the largest coins usually carried are US quarters.
In the video, you stated that the CTX3030 operator found about $10 in coins and covered a 3 to 4 times larger area than you did. I find this surprising as it appears that he is using the standard 11” DD search coil. It would seem that he would have been able to detect deeper and cove even more surface area with the 17” X 13” DD coil - which with the touted advanced discrimination should have been able to handle the trash condition(s)?

My experience while detecting with the Excalibur with the ten inch coil is that the treasure hunters using the Dual Field’s twelve inch coil (they are very popular at the local beaches here) cover far more area than I am able to and those who use the single frequency VLFs on Dry Sand cover even more area cherry picking for coins – not jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread