Three Consecutive Gold Days

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG 004.JPG

I went back to the gold fields only to find them covered with about 3' of sand and waves big enough to surf on. I went up the road only to find the same conditions.

I checked out another beach on the way home and seen some rocky areas, ( not many ) but thought I'd give it a try after the hour and a half ride.

The undertow was brutal and if I dropped my scoop it would be history. There was a lot of potential at this spot if conditions weren't so hazardous.

I only hunted an hour and fifteen minutes and managed the finds posted. Gold was one of them, a 10K, 2g engagement ring. Not a monster but under the circumstances I felt like spiking the football.

I remember my good friend Cupajo telling me he didn't get to be his age by doing stupid things. I took his advice and headed home.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Golden Tickets! :occasion14:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
terrific looking ring, fsa!

congrats on that one!

Lorraine

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 954111 View attachment 954112 I went back to the gold fields only to find them covered with about 3' of sand and waves big enough to surf on. I went up the road only to find the same conditions. I checked out another beach on the way home and seen some rocky areas, ( not many ) but thought I'd give it a try after the hour and a half ride. The undertow was brutal and if I dropped my scoop it would be history. There was a lot of potential at this spot if conditions weren't so hazardous. I only hunted an hour and fifteen minutes and managed the finds posted. Gold was one of them, a 10K, 2g engagement ring. Not a monster but under the circumstances I felt like spiking the football. I remember my good friend Cupajo telling me he didn't get to be his age by doing stupid things. I took his advice and headed home.
Yep, gold in the scoop can sure give you that spike the ball feeling...congrats on a nice one.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did the right thing young man! Like Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as Stupid does". Super finds with this kind of weather.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Old Gold Frank, you are on the roll buddy!!

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread