394.4 grams in first 4 months detecting

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started detecting mid-November last year and had been fairly successful with my CTX (thank you Minelab and Bart). Running total to date is 394.4 grams of gold, silver, and platinum. Roughly 75 grams gold, 40 grams plat and the rest silver. Also found a handful of silver coins and lots of wheaties. I detect 95% on the beach and once in a great while hit a ball field. The beach is where its at though. I'm fortunate to live on a tourist beach and got to go 1-2 times per week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Tonight I went through and took photos of all finds to date in my DIY lightbox and wanted to share my results.

Disclaimer: Before you go spend $2000 on a flight here, its hunted out, there is no more...stay away...danger!

Anyway, here is a photo:
2014-03-18 23.15.47.jpg

Upvote 0

Un Da Da Sea

Mar 8, 2014
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
White's Dual field
Minelab excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I guess you covered the cost for batteries and a beer or two.
I just happen to be moving to Tamuning next month. I'll see you
at the beach.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Congrats! Very nice haul for the CTX!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

What sort of karat ranges for the gold? Here in Southern California 14K is dominate with the occasional 18K and 10K.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20.gif Hunted out spots...thats where I find most of my gold

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds. Congratulations.

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL and good job!!!

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
I have been there and done that at Uncle Sam's expense. If price is no object...it is very HOT, HUMID and HORRIBLE. And if the temps don't get to you, try the boonie peppers. Then love the snakes that slither up the power poles to get even warmer and in doing so drop all the power on the island while they fry. Almost forgot the sharks I saw while diving. Yep, if there is one place on this earth I have been to Guam is one that I would not go back to. I did enjoy the nine months there, but I would stop in Hawaii and not make the long trip again. Same goes for most of the atols in the area. My opinion and I'm sticking to it and leaving all the goodies to Bejamble he deserves it for just living there. As for being hunted out...I don't think so, but keep it a secret. I always wanted to detect at the bottom of Lover's Leap. Maybe Bejamble will get there one day and show us some really nice finds.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick me up at the airport tomorrow...Ill be the guy with two detectors, two scoops and a crazy gold fever look on his face. :tongue3:

Un Da Da Sea

Mar 8, 2014
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
White's Dual field
Minelab excal II
Primary Interest:
I guess you covered the cost for batteries and a beer or two.
I just happen to be moving to Tamuning next month. I'll see you
at the beach.
I was just joking. I'm not going anywhere.
Awesome finds and I hope much more to come. Good luck.

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Very nice haul for the CTX!:hello2::hello2::hello2: What sort of karat ranges for the gold? Here in Southern California 14K is dominate with the occasional 18K and 10K.

Thanks. There was everything from 10-24k. Most stuff is 14 or 18 but a few of the pieces were higher content like 90% on one, 23k, a 24k gold bar. Really nice when those high k's pop up.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
As bad as I painted the picture of Guam (trying to help Bejamble)...I really did enjoy everyone of the 90+ days I spent there. Food was outstanding, people friendly and helpful, very fair prices on everything, even the snorkling, scuba-diving and the sunburn (my fault) were all memorable. Even though I have no desire to return, the worst day in Guam was an adventure, I feel privilaged to have made so many trips there. Yea, go ahead, twist my are and I'll go detecting anywhere...even back to Guam. Iceland was a great experience also (2300 coins in 3 weeks, most found at 2AM in the sun light!). Wherever you go make the most of it and enjoy!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Amazing detecting,Bejamble!:wav:

I just booked my ticket out there...sorry to hear that it is all hunted out,:laughing7: maybe I'll head for Morocco instead and hunt with Hamid:hello2:

L

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Driving me nuts reading about you guys hunting and finding all this stuff lol, still 3 feet of snow here and a new ctx sitting in the closet , so reading about you guys is next best thing

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's some treasure right there! Congrats!

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

Your beach is safe, tooooo long of a swim for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread