April Fools cut, fun hunt

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On Tuesday, April fools day, I saw something unusual at my local sandbar (tombola), and decided to hunt this site where I've never had much luck. WP_20140331_011 (1).jpg Well what appeared to be a three foot cut was actually a pile of shells three foot deep. This bar is totally underwater at high tide, with a wicked current, and I can't figure out how these shells can accumulate. I couldn't seem to penetrate the large rocks near the top, but started getting lots of targets in the smaller rubble near the base. Being the lazy hunter I am this was a great three hour hunt. Lots of targets, not alot of trash, and all pretty shallow. P1000900.JPG It seems like there was a pocket drop, where I found about half of my coins in a three foot area, and a sinker drop where I found about 5 sinkers in one hole. I was hoping the grape cluster might be silver. but it doesn't appear to be so. But yesterday when I was putting finds away, I realized one of my nickels was a 1905 v in pretty good shape for the salt. P1000902.JPG I enjoy hunting over a dozen spots in Milford, so I don't make it onto the bar very often, but it can be a fun spot to hunt.

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice hunt, Bob; congrats on the "V" nickel.

I was there today....junk earring/ junk "wanna be gold" ring, and sinkers.

Better days are comin' , I hope

Lorraine

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy shell pile.