Border Patrol
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By bigscoop

Thread: Border Patrol

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8707 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Border Patrol

If you stop and think about it, metal detecting the beach is lot like being on border patrol. On one side of you there resides the massive concrete jungle and on the other there resides a watery paradise. On one side of the border there is work to be done, while one the other side it's all about playing and having fun. And so here we are, going through all the same motions as border patrol mine sweepers. I mean, heaven forbid some unsuspecting young lady steps on that gold ring and lodges it on her big toe. One of my greatest fears is that little Tommy will find that yummy looking platinum band in his pile of sand. I gotta tell you, I can hardly bear the thought of such a tragic event.

Smugglers. I can't tell you the number of times I've come across their piles of stashed loot, pennies, dimes, nickels, and quarters all buried under the sand in one small area. Money laundering, that's what it equates to, the taking of currency across the border so it can be deposited on the other side without a trace, the trail of this financial activity nearly impossible to follow. But, it's always nice when I can be there to confiscate these stashes before a permanent deposit can be made. Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yep, a type of volunteer Border Patrol, that's really what we are. So keep up the good work and keep on swinging. It's nice to know that at least some of us give a damn.

This has been another wayward beach and shallow water metal detecting thought brought to you by, Bigscoop. And as always, wherever you go and whatever you do, it's all just a matter of perspective.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Oct 2011
    On the brink....
    Minelab Excal II Minelab Explorer ll Sov Gt
    184 times
    Metal Detecting
    Good to have you back!

us
    Trent

Mar 2014
    Davie, FL
    Garrett AT Pro
    177 times
    That was a good read! Enjoyed it.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    15850 times
    Don't forget all those deadly weapons caches you confiscate - deadly frisbee bottle caps, foil that can be folded into any form, those pop tops that can put an eye out when flipped up out of the sand!
    It's a dangerous world out there! Thank you to all our boarder patrols!!!

us
    Dec 2010
    Minelab GT; Sov Elite
    3761 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Enjoyable post, Bigscoop!

We are in competition with the Border Patrol dogs who, at times, dig holes deeper than I ever have dug...I'm waiting for one of those cute canines to lift his head out holding a gold ring in his mouth

Here's where that ring will end up if he swallows it up before I get to him.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dog swallowed wedding band.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	979508

Lorraine
    Last edited by lorraine; Apr 16, 2014 at 05:59 PM.
    Quod facis bene fac

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8707 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    Enjoyable post, Bigscoop!

We are in competition with the Border Patrol dogs who, at times, dig holes deeper than I ever have dug...I'm waiting for one of those cute canines to lift his head out holding a gold ring in his mouth

Here's where that ring will end up if he swallows it up before I get to him.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dog swallowed wedding band.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	979508

Lorraine
    Now there's a novel idea! I've been wanting another English Springer Spaniel......I wonder if it could be trained to sniff out and retrieve.....Hmmmmmm.... And I hate to say this, but if the dog in that picture was mine, well, my finger would appear somewhere in that ex-ray!
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8366 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Looks like it will be smooth band end out first and not the diamond, which would do a bit of cutting on the way out...

ouch.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

Sponsored Links