Police safety warning!!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I Know it's not metal detecting related but want to spread the word so everyone is safe! image-1143540770.jpg Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HALP!
I can't see what it says!

cross-eyed-cat0.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for this, lost.

scam-ahead-sign-368px.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fake Letter but Now that someone posted it for the Car hijackers to Read,
It gives them an Idea for the Future.

Sort of Like when The News Advertises the Newest dangers thing Parents should talk
to their Kids about :(

"hey kids ! Do you know if you Sniff this You'll Gert High ? Don't do it ! "

Getting the word out to do it.

P.S.
Beware of Emails that say Forward this, keep this Circulating, Etc.
The more it circulates, the more EMaill addresses it collects.
Like a snowball running down a Hill.
When it gets to the Bottom someone gets allot of Snow
:laughing7:

Last edited:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey lir!! Thanks for the heads up!! Worthless individuals will do anything for a buck except work!! Fall out with that 9mm in your hand and they will think twice before attempting to steal your property!! Thanks Again!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Fake Letter but Now that someone posted it for the Car hijackers to Read, It gives them an Idea for the Future. Sort of Like when The News Advertises the Newest dangers thing Parents should talk to their Kids about :( "hey kids ! Do you know if you Sniff this You'll Gert High ? Don't do it ! " Getting the word out to do it.

Valid point Jeff of Pa! I wouldn't think that someone on Tnet that is most likely to be obsessed with looking for gold would be out doing car jackings! As you may be aware all we can think about is finding gold and if these criminals had a detector they'd be calm and at the beach instead! Lol! The reality hear is that some of us are out on the beach at night pretty much alone and should be aware of this while approaching their vehicles in a possibly dark empty parking lot!
But being that it was posted on the boca raton police website by the captain makes me feel that it is highly unlikely to be fake. If it were fake or not it's live on the internet and it's better to know not to fall for this trick then to not know and get caught up in something potentially bad.
There's a saying out there that's coming to mind with this.....
."It's better to have a gun and not need it, then to need a gun and not have it!"

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the heads up Lost Items! Instead of email I will just mention it to my loved ones!
They think I'm paranoid anyway. Lol!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
If someone writes, 'No Joke' on it... then~

Wait for it-

Brains are cyphering-

Almost there-

Ding ding ding- it's BS!

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How could it be fake? It's says it's from the police! And to lend credence to the story he told us his friend who is a captain with the boca PD posted the letter on their website! I guess the purpose of Tnet is to trash talk and question posters finds , and there association with minelab, and get members riled up about why the state of Florida isn't involved in that persons finds , it's a good thing that member hasn't posted numerous photos of value able finds they've made and paid taxes on! And to post bogus internet story's

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone is trashing the OP

I for one still say the Original source of this letter made it up for a chain Email
(possibly Pyramid Scheme to collect addresses) whether or not,
the cops fell for it too & posted it, or if somewhere down the line a Hijacker read it,
and Thought to try it out, I don't know.

But I stand by my statement, as apparently looks like SNOPES also knows
it was originally Fake

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
How could it be fake? It's says it's from the police! And to lend credence to the story he told us his friend who is a captain with the boca PD posted the letter on their website! I guess the purpose of Tnet is to trash talk and question posters finds , and there association with minelab, and get members riled up about why the state of Florida isn't involved in that persons finds , it's a good thing that member hasn't posted numerous photos of value able finds they've made and paid taxes on! And to post bogus internet story's

No legitimate law enforcement agency will use the spam riddled language in the letter.

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend who went on vacation and awoke in a bathtub of ice (after his kidney was stolen) told me the letter is obviously real!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend who went on vacation and awoke in a bathtub of ice (after his kidney was stolen) told me the letter is obviously real!
That's good enough for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions