deep beach gold today

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally after a long gold drought popped a gold band from the sand today. last couple days lots of targets but no gold for me. Today few targets and they were deep. At near 18" this ring comes out. Was just a wisper. Hall hallmarks but no gold mark. Tests good for 14K. It is an old ring. Has the wedding date in intnl date format 15-5-48. So in less than a week this ring has it 66th anniversary. So good gold and old gold. was a great way to spend a lunch hour.

Attachments

• old gold ringc.jpg
    old gold ringc.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 329
  • old gold ring wt.jpg
    old gold ring wt.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I like old gold. Ok I lied I like all gold.

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May 15 1948? Wow! Simply amazing!!! Makes me think what happened, story behind it, did they lost it having a great day at the beach? Or someone was mad and threw it madly to the ocean? This is the other part that I like about md and finding cool stuff like that. Makes you wonder a lot of things and how in the world did it end up underneath our detector! :)

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally after a long gold drought popped a gold band from the sand today. last couple days lots of targets but no gold for me. Today few targets and they were deep. At near 18" this ring comes out. Was just a wisper. Hall hallmarks but no gold mark. Tests good for 14K. It is an old ring. Has the wedding date in intnl date format 15-5-48. So in less than a week this ring has it 66th anniversary. So good gold and old gold. was a great way to spend a lunch hour.

We're you in the wet or dry stuff? I have been hitting a few oldies in the dry lately.

OP
OP
M

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ring deep in the wet. Lower slope. Just kept digging then saw it peaking out from final scoop of sand. Had corroded zinclon at 12-15" only 2ft from this gold.

ScooperDave

Jan 29, 2014
Orange County, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT w/10"x 12" SEF Butterfly Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking 14k band Josh and old too, wow! Good job pulling that one out from the deep wet sand. :icon_thumleft:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Josh! Congrats on the gold! I'm in a slump myself, hoping to break it soon.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Amazing old gold find, Josh!:headbang:

That was great detecting ..following that whisper:hello2:

Lorraine

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would immediately want to find the owner. Since you found a zinc penny basically at the same level the ring was probably lost recently

ScooperDave

Jan 29, 2014
Orange County, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT w/10"x 12" SEF Butterfly Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would immediately want to find the owner. Since you found a zinc penny basically at the same level the ring was probably lost recently

Its really hard to say if that ring was lost recently..... All of the gold I pulled from that spot earlier this week was not very deep at all, and heavy and light targets were all over the depth spectrum throwing all logic out the window. We had strong winds and heavy swells earlier this week that really churned up a nice little honey hole. That same spot was a complete skunk zone up until last Wednesday..

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got ya it helps to know your beach get it while you can you know how quickly the window can close on those

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice find MT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread