What should i get

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can either get a whites beach hunter or whites dual frequency both are refurbished from whites or a used blue ( old model) excal with the small coil. The excal just came back from being fully serviced and it had a pot replaced. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated and I am going to the store now in New Jersey.

Please help

Upvote 0

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To jump on this thread, I have an Excal 800(Old blue) but would like to get an interchangeable coil for it. Can someone recommend a good 10 or 12 inch coil and someone to modify the connectors? Also possible prices for service and coil?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To jump on this thread, I have an Excal 800(Old blue) but would like to get an interchangeable coil for it. Can someone recommend a good 10 or 12 inch coil and someone to modify the connectors? Also possible prices for service and coil?

OBN does such modifications, but you will have to stand in line to get it done.
Gone hunting will not be back before Dec.

Sunray made/makes make a very popular 12” Double D search coil for the Sovereign which you can use on the Excalibur with different connectors (same BBS technology). Most likely will be difficult to find as the Sovereign is out of production.

Can use standard slimline Tornado Double D search coil on current Excalibur ll 1000s which weres also
used on the Sovereign (not hard wired) before it went out of production.

For prices, check Ebay / Vendors.
For quotes - you will have to talk to person doing the Mod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread