Vibra Quatic 2

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Please post a report once you have had a chance to use it. I look at the Garret as the "gold standard" and would be curious to see how it performs compared to that.

sliverofsilver

Apr 23, 2011
howell , nj
Detector(s) used
eyes, whites classic SL ,Bounty Hunter Tracker I-D/505 ,
Discovery 1100, eyes,hatchet,shovel,scoop,for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, just a thought
how bout strapping it to a rod to get into the tight spots

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A high cost alternative, would be modify a used Rubbermaid sponge kitchen mop.
It already has a rear attachment point for a lanyard.
plus it has a cam lock which you can use to adjust the length of the inner shaft.

As I am considering using mine with different pin pointers, I need to design an attachement mechanism for mounting the
pin pointer in line, or rotated 90 degrees for side lobing, say with the Garret Pro Pin Pointer.

As the Rubbermade is plastic over metal, you have to be careful to keep the tip / side of the probes far enough away
to prevent false alarming.

A lower cost alternative would be to use schedule 80, IIRC you can drive over it, PVC pipe which can be purchased at a hardware store.
You will have to do a little expiramenting to getting the diameter of the plastic pipe right plus couplers / T connectors.

I suggest drawing it out on paper and simulating it several times with carboard tubing so you will get it right the first time without additional cost.
I always have rolls of duct tape around for this as well as cheap (one dollar a roll) plastic electrical tape which holds well underwater.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Please post a report once you have had a chance to use it. I look at the Garret as the "gold standard" and would be curious to see how it performs compared to that.

I like this unit. Can't say how it compares to the Garret, but it was easy to use, the point up to turn on feature is handy, no knobs or switches. Got caught in the rain
a few times, waterproof is the only way to go. Used it on 4 night hunts and the light and vibrate combination when you find a target is helpful in the dark. I was able to
locate a number of small items I could not have without it.
Two weeks at Siesta Key produced one small 925 ring, and a 925 chain, both in chest deep water, about eight dollars in clad, and a half gallon of pull tabs and can slaw. This area continues to produce the old curly pop top tabs year after year. My Dr. advised me not to dive so soon after retina surgery so the fabled Point of Rocks lost chest will have to wait another year. Did find a mermaid doll on the beach which my 4 year old daughter thought was the greatest treasure of all time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread