best for wet sand

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
going to the beach in a couple of weeks...My question is WHICH OF MY!! DETECTORS have people had better luck with in the wet sand.The reason wrote it like that is because someone is going to say none of the above or so an so detector is better...LOL...Im taking my AT pro...T2SE..an Xterra 505.Those are my only choices and i just wanna no who has had the best experience with those 3....Oh..and yes its saltwater beach....Thanx everyone....Barrywk

Upvote 0

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I see quite a few AT Pro's at the beach. I think GatorBoy uses one (I could be wrong) and he finds more good stuff than anybody else here.

AT PRO user

Mar 16, 2014
Really depends on the beach. My at pro is great in the dry sand. Here in southern Cali it goes crazy in the wet sand. Finally got a sand shark couple weeks ago now I'm hunting the wet sand and the surf. Happy hunting

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dry sand and the AT Pro.

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the ATPRO in the sand and the Sand shark in the salt water... the ATPRO will find the smaller gold rings other machines miss.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the ATPRO in the sand and the Sand shark in the salt water... the ATPRO will find the smaller gold rings other machines miss.

I find gold rings smaller than a dime all the time with my cz21

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT pro will hit small gold better than my CZ21...the CZ beats it on large gold and silver. Of the three detectors you have, the AT pro is probably going to be your best choice for wet sand.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't make any different which detector you get, but the one you like . Everyone on here thinks there detector is the best ,but you have to deside what is best for you. My self I like PI detectors. I have a sand shark, Tiger shark, ATX, AT PRO, and a Sea Hunter

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't make any different which detector you get, but the one you like . Everyone on here thinks there detector is the best ,but you have to deside what is best for you. My self I like PI detectors. I have a sand shark, Tiger shark, ATX, AT PRO, and a Sea Hunter
Hes not getting a new detector. He just wanted to know which of the three he owns would be best for wet sand.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will have to play with the adjustment on any of those machines since none are multi freq. which are better for salt water wet sand. A small coil might help as well since you can normally run them a little hotter. If you are taking them all..... great time to do some testing before you get down to business.

Dew

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with dew, if you are going to be able to take all three and have the time to use all three, it would be great to see how you fare with them individualy. Of course, if your not down with a head-to-head due to time etc. I think we would understand...I'm leaning towards how the 505 works out with the wet but if you only can run one I would think the AT pro would be the selection between the three due to the salt water aspect.

Whatever you choose...good luck and happy hunting! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread