Pirates in the Night

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirates in the Night

Sure, a lot of beach hunters hunt at night, but are they really getting the most treasure possible from their nighttime endeavors? Maybe, maybe not. So this is going to be the story of two nighttime pirates that will call Blackjack and Deuce, two beach pirates that have really figured out how to get the most booty out of every outing.

What if I told you that these two guys hit the beach knowing that they can fully and reliably discriminate targets at twenty inches or more, the power of good PI with a large coil and the discrimination capabilities of Sov. Gt. Now I know what you're thinking, you're thinking, “Noway is that possible.” But truth is, it is possible and these two pirates and the amount of goodies they're bring home are living proof of that fact. What they've accomplished is pretty darn fascinating, if not pure genius.

Obviously they're covering a lot of ground with that PI machine and big coil and they're also hunting pretty darn deep with descent sensitivity. This setup they have lovingly come to call, the big dog. “When the big dog barks I simply dig,” Blackjack confesses, “and if the target is still in the sand after twelve-inches I move on.”

“This is where I come in,” Deuce continues. “You see, if Blackjack walks away from the hole he just created without filling it back in then I turn on my machine with the smaller coil and I insert it into the hole to see if I get a null or a tone. If I get a good tone I finish what Blackjack started, but if I get a null I fill the hole back in. Wet sand, in the water, we use this same tag-team system wherever we go.”

When Deuce is done speaking a wide smile forms across Blackjack's face, “The next day folks hunting that same section of beach can't figure out why all they're getting is a lot of iron. And we cover a lot of beach.” Suddenly they're both snickering like true pirates. When they finally stop snickering Deuce can't resist adding a deep and scratchy, “Arg!”

OK, I confess, this story is fiction, but on fairly clean beaches that have been badly sanded in will it remain fiction? Should it remain fiction?

Upvote 0

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know an older couple who does this. They do find a good bit of stuff. But they ain't killing it. Then again, no one is down here, certainly not me. I have only found four rings in three months and I got over a hundred hours on the beach. Three of those rings were Junkers.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen the guy in the area with a cart style MD? I think it's a minelab of sorts, flags and comes back to check them with an Excal

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like this? IMG_0378.JPG

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not seen him this year? Has his Excal on the back. When he hits a target he jumps off, removes some sand, and then rechecks with the Excal. The last time I spoke to him he wasn't very happy with his recent trips to NSB, something about the lack of gold. But at the time these beaches were getting pounded day and night.

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
You Don't have to be Pirates in the Night. Go to today's Finds by Goldnugget July 10 ,2014- Terrific (1 ) Day Beach Finds 1700-1800 Buttons and Coins. I thought about some Cooler Night Detecting, but I like what I see during the daylight-Hate for an Alligator to look for me in the Dark

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Don't have to be Pirates in the Night. Go to today's Finds by Goldnugget July 10 ,2014- Terrific (1 ) Day Beach Finds 1700-1800 Buttons and Coins. I thought about some Cooler Night Detecting, but I like what I see during the daylight-Hate for an Alligator to look for me in the Dark

Cuts are a different story. :laughing7: Some cuts anyway.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread