Best Beach Water Metal Detectors

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry, Pauln, you never gave the Viper a chance..I am a hurt Pirate.....:laughing7: Thanks for sharing...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Good video Pauln. I like it.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
First off, great video Paul! I have all three of the same detectors! Although I have the newer Dual Field.
On the DF's coil I made a small plastic coil support that is attached with the coil's bolt and stabilizes it!
Also, I added another knob guard for the battery pod side because the other day, my Excal fell over and smacked the
Pod hard so to protect it I thought it was a good idea and added no appreciable weight!
Now I'm pumped to go to the beach!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, Pauln, you never gave the Viper a chance..I am a hurt Pirate.....:laughing7: Thanks for sharing...

joe, could you please tell us about your mods for the viper?:occasion14:

chuck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pauln That was a very good video. I agree with everything you said as to what beach detectors work the best, especially in regards to the Sov GT.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
P

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just used my Surfmaster pulse again this weekend. Loving it more and more. Works great for my beach with less trash.

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran the sand shark for two years as an only water machine. Did I find some good stuff? YES. Three gold rings and a silver. So now I have an Excal in my arsenal. Used it once so far. Scored a small gold charm and a silver ring. Would I have found it with the shark? Yes. If I would have went over it. Do I like the Excal. Sure do. I guess what I am saying is you can find good targets without all the bells and whistles of a expensive machine, if that is what your budget allows. The main thing is get out and get swinging!!!!

banjonyc

Sep 13, 2012
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White Beach Hunter ID 300, minelab Excalibur II
Great Video. I am using the Whites 300 ID and love it. You are right about the AT Pro and salt water. I get so much chatter it's impossible. Use it for land only for now Where are you from?

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Banjonyc, I have the AT pro and wanting the Beach Hunter ID also. Would you say your beach hunter is deeper than the AT pro??

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
going to beach again in a few weeks!! time for some firsts

banjonyc

Sep 13, 2012
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White Beach Hunter ID 300, minelab Excalibur II
Banjonyc, I have the AT pro and wanting the Beach Hunter ID also. Would you say your beach hunter is deeper than the AT pro??

Hard to say if it's deeper as it was so unstable I could not use it for long. The whites 300 works great for me at the beach. I'll tell you something though. For deep digs I found a shovel a much more effective tool than a sand scoop. The scoops are hard to move a lot of sand with. A shovel enables me to dig a ton of sand and then I spread it out next to the hole. If the hole doesn't ping after that I know I got it. Scoops are great when you are in the water and need to sift

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread