Swinging at Ponce Inlet

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I found alot of the usual. Sand is so packed there. Filling your holes back in is a workout itself. Found this homemade bracelet. I was wondering if these Chinese coins are real ?

ForumRunner_20140720_103016.png

sponge using smoke signals.

Upvote 0

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think that if they were fake they'd be made of some sort of junk metal but they look real to me, although I'm no expert. Kinda makes you think it's like some sort of money belt concept. If I'm not mistaken I think their coins are used for luck and wealth as well. Wouldn't it be nice if all coins were strung together? Especially 1715 fleet coins!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I would think that if they were fake they'd be made of some sort of junk metal but they look real to me, although I'm no expert. Kinda makes you think it's like some sort of money belt concept. If I'm not mistaken I think their coins are used for luck and wealth as well. Wouldn't it be nice if all coins were strung together? Especially 1715 fleet coins!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I would flip if I found 1716 coin string. Lol

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. New Smyrna beaches are really packing it in this year. The only hunters who really stand much of a chance right now are those hunters who hunt during the height of the activity or immediately afterwords, and there are several doing this. Several local night hunters with larger coils as well so those recent drops around the more popular sections are getting picked over rather quickly.

OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Hey scoop I was weaving through the crowds. Just wasnt my turn for a good find. Next time im up there I will pm u

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Unique find, Sponge. I believe that the coins are real; I had found something similar some time ago and my research stated that this necklace has some type of religious meaning.

Lorraine

OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Thanks Lorraine I did find something really cool I guess if they are real. I have just started doing the research. I know they arent valuable but I have never owned a Chinese coin. Maybe im the new owner of a hand full.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find, I was in Singapore a few weeks ago and they had replica coins like that for 5 for $1

Don't know if those are real but still intesresting find either way.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usually you'll find one on a cord - supposed to be for luck - that guy must of wanted a lot of luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread