Silver earring in wet slope sand this morning

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi again8-) ( the little "handwaving " emoticon on my computer is non-functioning :icon_scratch:)

It was a slight rain fall as I left the driveway on my way to the beach , but the sky looked to be clearing up by the time I arrived at the beach ( 20')

Timed it just right and was able to detect the tide coming in on the wet slope:thumbsup:

Hadn't done this area for several months; ended up with clads and a silver earring.

Strange thing about this earring sound- it was not the usual high silver" ping" sound ( was using the elite); wondering if it is because the earring is a hollow one:dontknow:

So I thought that it was probably aluminum; it was also very light, and it had a dull finish.

Got home and cleaned it, tested it with silver acid test which proved + ( that made me happy)

Here's a couple of pics

Thanks for looking.

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF3017.JPG
    DSCF3017.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF3016.JPG
    DSCF3016.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF3019.JPG
    DSCF3019.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! Glad the rain stopped. I am praying for rain here in CA. I'm going to hunt in it just because lol!

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the ear ring:thumbsup:

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you got out and scored some silver . WTG Lorraine

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great finds Lorraine! Hope you find the other earring, they will look nice on you.

May 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice earring, Lorraine! Just a tip about testing silver... I work for a pawn shop and test all their metals. The method we use for silver is rubbing it on a scratch stone and dropping 18kt acid on the mark. If it turns bright blue, it's sterling. Very simple, and doesn't ruin the finish of the piece by dropping acid directly on it. Silver acid always confused me anyway :icon_scratch:. Keep those finds coming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions