Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finds from recent Myrtle beach trip, week after Arthur.
image.jpg
Found using Teknetics Gamma 6000. Found most in dry sand. The Gamma did work in the wet sand with sensitivity reduced. Found one earring, a couple pull tabs, and a few clad coins in the wet sand with sensitivity between 30 and 60%. It went bonkers when it hit the saltwater. Could not get it to quiet down, even at only 10% sensitivity. No surprise though, I knew/know it's not saltwater compatible. I was, however, surprised that it worked as well as it did in the wet sand, albeit at a reduced sensitivity. Worked great in the dry. First time I have found a matching pair of earrings (the big flower ones). Found one, then a half hour to an hour later and a hundred yards away, I found it's mate. No silver, no gold, but a lot of fun! I wanted to take a beach/saltwater machine with me, however finances would not allow it this time around. Maybe next time, God willing. HH

Upvote 0

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped in Myrtle Beach last night on our way to Boone North Carolina. Detected the wet sand on 76th Avenue north for a couple hours this morning. Found only a couple of clad coins and a couple junk earrings and that was it for me. We're now back on the road to Boone.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You had a great hunt, Mike:headbang:

Lorraine

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bit of variety there

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great loader - it would go right into my sand box!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread