Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was finally able to hook up with Whydah for another hunt. I was certainly not disappointed!

When this showed up in my scoop I thought it was a toy or something. I could not tell how heavy it was because my scoop was full of rocks. When I first picked it up I was thinking "wow, that's heavy"! When I flipped it over and saw that it was stamped "one pound of fine silver .999" I was still in disbelief! I could faintly hear Leighton saying "what is it buddy" as I just kept staring at this coin in amazement! I still can't believe it!

Another thing that is cool about this coin is that it is from 1986 when I worked at Fenway Park. Yes, the ball went through Buckner's legs! I was able to see all of the home games from that year and the few years that followed. I was just a sophomore in high school then and the memories will be with me forever. That's when I earned the nickname "Fenway" from all of my buddies.

On the way home we discussed ways this coin could have ended up out in the mud. It's not really a coin that someone would bring to the beach and then lose. Was it thrown there? Was it sacrificed???

The gold eluded us yesterday, but I certainly grabbed my best find to date!

20140815_140108.jpg 20140814_144525.jpg 20140815_140037.jpg

Thanks for another unbelievable hunt Buddy, you never cease to amaze! :headbang:
Looking forward to our next adventure!

Still in shock,
Fenway

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to vote banner as well. Incredible find.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome and definitely BANNER material. I'm surprised it fit in your scoop!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread