Didnt know whether to say "Hi" of "Whoo" with this find; & other "wanna bes" at low

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Didn't know whether to say "Hi" of "Whoo" with this find; & other "wanna be's" at low

Hi:hello:

Well, I've been checking out all the great finds from friends here, and sorry that I can't" join the club "these days with some decent finds.

Was out in low tide yesterday , and although a couple of finds looked promising, I soon found them to be wanting in the gold/silver department

Here's a couple of pics.

Thanks for looking at my meager finds...maybe tomorrow will bring me luck:headbang:

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF3059.JPG
    DSCF3059.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCF3061.JPG
    DSCF3061.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF3060.JPG
    DSCF3060.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 0

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Well, that's an interesting test result; not sure, but I would certainly check to see if the acid is fresh or past date.

Also would try another type of test kit . I use the Mizer kit.

The stamping "AC" I believe is the jeweler's stamp.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine, like that stuff and yes the owl is very creepy! I am still trying to catch up on my knowledge of jewelry what does the stamp "AC" mean?

Bet that you know way more about about jewelry testing also, I am a newbie still, see this link please =)
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/432038-scratch-acid-testing-question.html

TIA =)

Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, that's an interesting test result; not sure, but I would certainly check to see if the acid is fresh or past date.

Also would try another type of test kit . I use the Mizer kit.

It should be fine just got it a week or two ago here, will check for dates tho. The ring is pretty old I am thinking, I've never tested any white gold before so I am not sure what test results would be for that. Could it be possible for the ring to be both Plat and Gold mix ?

P.S. The bottles says JSP on them not sure what a Mizer kit consist of. Oh don't see any dates on the bottles, but the contents sure seem potent to me fumes rising etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Sorry ..I can't answer about the possibility of ring to be both Plat and Gold mix ; I would think that the stamping would reveal that; I'm sure someone on the forum who is more knowledgeable about this could answer the question for you.

The Mizer test kit is electronic along with one bottle of acid that tests for all Karat categories/ white & yellow gold options , also

L

It should be fine just got it a week or two ago here, will check for dates tho. The ring is pretty old I am thinking, I've never tested any white gold before so I am not sure what test results would be for that. Could it be possible for the ring to be both Plat and Gold mix ?

P.S. The bottles says JSP on them not sure what a Mizer kit consist of. Oh don't see any dates on the bottles, but the contents sure seem potent to me fumes rising etc.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry ..I can't answer about the possibility of ring to be both Plat and Gold mix ; I would think that the stamping would reveal that; I'm sure someone on the forum who is more knowledgeable about this could answer the question for you.

The Mizer test kit is electronic along with one bottle of acid that tests for all Karat categories/ white & yellow gold options , also

L

Hi L, thanks for the replies =) The ring has no marks inside, on the Mizer guess I will have to do some search to find out more. Had not heard of this Mizer before , is helpful info =)

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT COULD HAVE BEEN SILVER OR GOLD - AND THAT IS WHAT KEEPS US ALL GOING
SENDING SOME LUCK YOUR WAY :wave:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Cool OWL and ring. It beats finding a pull tab in the scoop.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Serious predator and looks like the owl means business. Sure is fascinating watching him put on brakes and extend and unfurl those talons. Hate to be what he's reaching for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread