ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Casper said - Stay out of water... and off private land... the only public area is beach sand from toe of dune to surf.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and P.S> for all of you thinking as you are walking and no one is around about "sneaking in"... Many of the multi million dollar homes located directly on the water in front of areas known to contain artifacts are owned by well informed individuals who will call it in ... there are people watching everywhere... not paranoid... the truth.
Stay out of water in areas that are inside "rights zones" . and good luck !!!

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the info I was thinking of going there myself

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Its way cool there. Check out long point camping grounds. You beach your boat right next to your tent. Now thats Florida camping

sponge using smoke signals.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always stayed at the state park at inlet... I have almost 60 foot rig... can they accomadate that size?
(RV & boat)

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO HUNTING ALLOWED IN THE WATER

Casper - That is such a strange notion to me. I have read so many different laws, and everyone claims the water is not or can not be "owned " by anyone. Therefore, it is tough to make a law stating you can't detect in it? I understand people owning land up to the water and you can't trespass on their land. That's why I usually go in by boat - I can detect anywhere by boat. Actually here in Minnesota, you can put out a lake dock in the water, though anyone can use it, because it is on public property "the water".

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
The water is not owned but the salvaging rights have been leased to individual companies like Mel Fisher and that's why you can't hunt in the water in areas along Florida's treasure coast...at least that's my understanding of it and I live here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper - That is such a strange notion to me. I have read so many different laws, and everyone claims the water is not or can not be "owned " by anyone. Therefore, it is tough to make a law stating you can't detect in it? I understand people owning land up to the water and you can't trespass on their land. That's why I usually go in by boat - I can detect anywhere by boat. Actually here in Minnesota, you can put out a lake dock in the water, though anyone can use it, because it is on public property "the water".
You better believe it, it is the law and on the treasure coast it is enforced. They can legally confiscate your equipment including your boat and or vehicle if they want to get nasty.

Treasure coast is different than any where else in Florida when it comes to detecting Florida beaches because of the 1715 Treasure fleet that sank off shore.

It costs 10s of thousands of dollars a year for a treasure lease to have the right to hunt in the water, the State of Florida gets a percentage of everything found.

Last edited:
OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO if I understand it correctly, I'm ok from the edge of the water to the bottom of the dunes? As long as I stay out of the water and don't go into anyone's yard? How about parking?

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok everyone thanks

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Hey S.C. Don't know if you have been here and gone already but be advised...beaches south of the Inlet do get locked down at Sunset. That means the parking lots at Ambersands, Treasure Shores, Golden Sands, Wabasso, and Turtle Trail, etc. all have gates that gets locked down by police at sunset (and they have locked vehicles in on occasion). So watch your time. Also no lights are allowed on the beach at night until November 1 due to turtle nesting season (May -Oct 31). I think you may be allowed a red covered lens on a flashlight but no LED or regular flashlights are allowed. :)

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't dig on the walls of the dunes/slopes either. Have fun! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions