Scoop swap

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Have 6" aluminum RTG water scoop, want a stainless steel scoop if anyone's feeling the opposite. "Fat chance" I know!

image-2213678328.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTG sell a stainless steel tip for that scoop, that might help you save your scoop .

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Ron, I know they have them but that's not why I wanted a stainless steel scoop. Want to take a bigger bite out of the sand

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get you a stealth scoop.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well worth the cost for a stealth, not sure how I recovered some targets prior to owning a stealth.

powered by pull tabs

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ron, I know they have them but that's not why I wanted a stainless steel scoop. Want to take a bigger bite out of the sand

Not sure what you mean. Do you want a stainless that's bigger than your aluminum scoop because one the same size wouldn't take a bigger bite. I have the same RTG scoop that you have and I like it but when I got my Stealth 720 I couldn't believe how much sand it could move. I recover my targets way faster now in the water. I use my RTG if Im only hunting wet sand because the Stealth is a beast to handle out of the water. I also love the floating handle of the Stealth.

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure what you mean. Do you want a stainless that's bigger than your aluminum scoop because one the same size wouldn't take a bigger bite. I have the same RTG scoop that you have and I like it but when I got my Stealth 720 I couldn't believe how much sand it could move. I recover my targets way faster now in the water. I use my RTG if Im only hunting wet sand because the Stealth is a beast to handle out of the water. I also love the floating handle of the Stealth.

That's exactly what I mean L.D. My mistake, thought all SS scoops would be bigger. Yes I want a bigger stainless steel scoop. I like these and the stealth. Good point about weight on the wet sand. Ouch!

image-892326242.jpg

Attachments

• image-1482678675.jpg
    image-1482678675.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 102

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly what I mean L.D. My mistake, thought all SS scoops would be bigger. Yes I want a bigger stainless steel scoop. I like these and the stealth. Good point about weight on the wet sand. Ouch!

View attachment 1060501

That scoop looks like a good design...similar to the Stealth...who makes those?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who makes the stealth? I hear alot of people talkin about them.
Sunspot...ChuckinDetroit is a member on here and owns the company...Ive never heard someone that owned a Stealth say they didn't like it.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a stealth last month after a year with one similar to the original post picture, destroyed that original one, had to weld extra support three times and finally snapped in half. Now I'm a novice to the hobby so went with a cheapie to start, now that I have upgraded to the stealth I realize how big of a difference in recovery. Frigging basket can be worn as a helmet it's so big lol, as far as weight while walking I personally don't notice a difference after a few hours of walking everything gets heavy. Your more then welcome to try mine out , same to you Sponge, if we ever happen on the same beach. I've seen the Italy guy one, and there is some Bulgarian or Romanian one, but I'll keep it local in the states, not to say the others aren't worth it. Just a personal preference.