Dive Bags for Shallow Water Detecting

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for a recommendation for a mesh dive bag. The one I am using is a modified game/lobster bag that I attach to my weight belt. I have a lanyard and goody carrier attached to my vest for rings and other smallish valuable items. This bag just gives me fits when ever there is any type of surf action. I am looking to see what others are using and found successful.

Thanks - Koffee

Upvote 0

Smalls

Jan 10, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i just use a standard mesh dive bag. nothing special. i use an empty slot in my weight belt for the good finds

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dive shops have various mesh bags. All are pretty good. The problem when detecting is if you use it for junk. The rough edges catch in the mesh. Otherwise, my best advise is put a small container around your neck for the really nice goodies.

OP
OP
Koffee

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dive shops have various mesh bags. All are pretty good. The problem when detecting is if you use it for junk. The rough edges catch in the mesh. Otherwise, my best advise is put a small container around your neck for the really nice goodies.

Yup that is my issue also trash poking me. I did pick up a shorter bag then the standard lobster bag. I also took it down to a shoe repair shop and and had it lined near the bottom with a tough flexible plastic. I cut some holes in the plastic to let water through hopefully this is the ticket.

I have been hunting in the water around Pismo Beach by the cliffs and always come back with a ton of trash.

thank You - Koffee

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
I personally know the man that makes and sells these bags and they are the best, most of the metal detector people I know on the west coast of Florida are using it

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever you choose, just make sure the water can drain out of it and that the opening is easy to use while detecting. I have a mesh finds bag for the water that has Velcro closures which simply wouldn't let go when trying to put in a find with one hand. Not a smart design. Had to Velcro a second Velcro strip to it to keep the opening open. Nothing falls out as the pouch is deep. A zipper may be a bother if it sticks. Remember - one hand operation.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally know the man that makes and sells these bags, they are the best, most metal detector people I know on the west coast of Florida are using them and the maker will stand behind them

He does an excellent job. I use these on land and sea for detecting. They let the sand/dirt sift through and are nice and tight against side so they don't get caught on everything, also very durable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread