buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
Upvote 0

zommbee

Jan 31, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Hi - I don't use a Vibraphone, but I have a White's Bullseye II pinpointer that
is very similar - works great! However, bear in mind that it will detect EVERYTHING,
including hot rocks, black sand, foil, nails, etc. In junky areas I don't bother, or
on beaches with highly mineralized soil. It goes off every time I touch the
hole or the plug. But on grass it is a great thing and has spotted the coin
for me long before I saw it.

Dave
Zommbee

C

Copper

Hi,

Let me (us) know how you like the CZ-20.

I used to buy mainly Fisher detectors back in the 60's - mid 80's.
I made most of my finds with Fisher machines.

I could use a waterproof detector.

I'll keep watching your postings.

Copper

OP
OP
buckmild1

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
Well I got my new CZ-20 and I don't know which is worse. Waiting for it in the mail or waiting until the weekend to break it in at the beach. I tried it out in the back yard for a few minutes but didn't dig any signals. Just tested it out for sound and to see if it worked (came with batteries installed). it looks to be an impressive machine and will keep posting here with a no spin attitude on performance. I can put it up against a Beach Hunter ID and a Surf Pro PI That some other forum members have just purchased within the week. Theres five of us now that have met here on this forum and we are starting sort of a club. Well not really a club we just get together and hunt when we can. This hobby is one of the most rewarding things Ive been able to participate in in a long time. I haven't found much of anything but have meet some really nice people and am getting my children involved in a very cool way to pass the time. Got a 20' pontoon boat that is in dire need of repairs, new motor,seats,and all the fixins for diving. Things are looking up. HH.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?CHRIS

ClamBob

Jan 24, 2005
Florida East Coast
Vibraprobe? Is that the one that Kellyco gives away with the larger orders? Mine has to be REAL close to indicate, if it is the same one.
Picked up the CZ-20 about three or four weeks ago. So far so good, even in the wet sand. Still having a little trouble ground balancing, but I'm sure it's not the machine's fault.
As for the kids...it's always nice to have someone dig for you :D

Peace,
BobJ

C

Copper

buckmild1 said:
This hobby is one of the most rewarding things Ive been able to participate in in a long time. I haven't found much of anything but have meet some really nice people
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?CHRIS

People is the BEST treasure of all!

Please do let us know how the CZ-20 works out for you. I'll have one myself in about two weeks. I don't live anywhere near you or I'd try to join your group.

Have a blast!

Copper

OP
OP
buckmild1

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I had to buy the Vibraprobe. It looks to be well built and you are right Bob it has to be pretty close to detect a target. Its better than the one I made out of a proximity sensor from a automated carwash and it works underwater. Will let you know what I think when I break it in. I have some ideas on building a commercial pinpointer and would like to try more products of the pinpointer type. HH.
CHRIS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread