The single earring

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One thing I can't stand, is finding a single earring. I have found many of these. and it causes me to relentlessly search the area and dig everything, as I just WANT to find its missing one. I found a David Yurman earring, very expensive, retails $3200.00 for the set, but only found one. Last night I found a basic silver/CZ earring, but just one, but it was up in the sand, high enough to where I figured I could find the other if it was a towel that whipped it up or something. Many times I think the person finds the one earring and not the other, or only one falls off, or whatever the case.

About half of the time I can find the matched set. But the time I don't, I sure do spend a lot of time looking for it :)

Upvote 0

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To be honest it's time that could be spent looking for something better. Take the single and move on. Add it to the earring pile and at the end of the year you will have some change. They just aren't worth it to me. Seriously after scrap their not worth much, as far as stones, 99% fake. At least for me, so far.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with the above post but if you searched for the other maybe something good can be there too.
Same situation, looked for its twin but didn't happen!
14k white Gold and real diamonds. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420851991.184449.jpg

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with the above post but if you searched for the other maybe something good can be there too.
Same situation, looked for its twin but didn't happen!
14k white Gold and real diamonds. View attachment 1104057
Working a pocket, yes I agree 100%. But a single target/stud, nah. I'll keep moving.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Keep moving. They come in pairs but they usually don't leave in pairs.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my experience, most ladies do not remove their earrings to sunbathe. Finding one means it was accidently dropped. In all my years of hunting I have only found 3 pairs that were close enough together that I could say were matched pairs and not just random identical drops from two different ladies. Singularly they don't amount to much, but collected and cashed in at the end of the year can result in a nice tidy sum.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Signal,

I would give a 25 foot sweep of the area using a tight circular pattern, if not found continue on your general search. I did find a pair (small gold) once, but they were carefully placed in a small “zip-lock” bag; probably fell out of the beach bag.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions