Mexico?

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hit Cancun every summer no problems. Break down your detector and put it in a carry on bag. Scoop in the suit case. When you go through Mexico customs If they ask you what the detector is worth, Tell them you bought it on ebay for $200. They try to hit you up for a luxury tax. The beaches in Mexico are public beaches. They can not kick you off for detecting. I hit the lounge chair areas early before the tourist come out. Then hit the wet sand , water and sand later. I have had good luck around the jet ski rental areas. Also ask the life guards at the resorts if any one has lost any bling. When a tourist looses a bling item the life guards get in the water with a mask and fans the sand looking for that item. If you find some thing do not turn it in. They will sell it , telling you that a reward is coming. I learned that the hard way one year with a fat gold and diamond ring. Good luck Joe

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEXICO/COZUMEL FINDS - 3 DIFFERENT TRIPS - NUFF SAID

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have hunted Cozumel a few times and never had an issue. I have my detector and scoop in a long backpack and take it out only at the beach. I never had the success you see in Casper's picture, but never got skunked. I must have arrived after him. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread