Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw in another thread that somebody recommended a factory upgrade for a CZ20 to the CZ21. I personally would not recommend that unless you wear out rubber on the pin point button.

I have a CZ20 that I had to replace the rubber button a few times. I was rather hard on it and I bet if I was more gentle that it would have lasted a great deal longer. I finally did the upgrade and find the copper button is more difficult to toggle "pinpoint on and pinpoint off", especially when wearing gloves in the water. The copper button is lasting me a lot longer than the rubber button, but if you don't have to replace it, my advise is don't. I did not notice any other increase or decrease in overall detector performance with the modification.

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Given the shape of the CZ's search field I always found PPing targets with the 8" & 10" coils rather easy without ever using the PP switch. Separating targets was generally also rather easy for this same reason.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else trade a CZ20 to pay for the upgrade to the CZ 21? Was told it was approx. 400?

my CZ20 was a killer - i converted because cord cracked at coil
i would not have converted unless i had to
i own my cz21 conversion - still my hot machine
an own 2 cz21 originals
all 3 work differently - my conversion being the best

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread