41 Minutes

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Friday, the 13[SUP]th[/SUP], I lived a lifetime in just 41 minutes. I was visiting my son for the winter, a certified EMT, when the widow maker came calling. I felt it coming on, told him to call 911, and 41 minutes later I had been transported by helicopter to St. Vincent's Heart Center where I now await a multiple bypass procedure. That 41 minutes was the most incredible 41 minutes I ever lived, or didn't, depending on how you look at it.

I mean, think about this; my left artery was 100% blocked, my right artery was 89% blocked, and for 41 minutes they kept me alive while transporting me 100 miles away so they could put a life saving stint in me. Pretty darn incredible, all this in just 41 minutes. I've waited on fast food longer then that.

And yet, as incredible as it all was the truth is that none of it had to happen. You see, the widow maker doesn't care if you eat right, doesn't care if you exercise and stay active. These things can help, for sure, but in my case the infliction was hereditary and there was no preventing it. However, just some very basic screening could have prevented all the recent drama. Folks, I felt great, had no symptoms, and yet it nearly killed me.

If you're over 40 get screened. It's fast, easy, cheap, and if caught in time you can be saved all the fright, agony and drama that comes with dying, or the struggling to stay alive, depending on how you look at it. Going to be a while before I'll be back out in the field or on the beach again. I was one of the lucky ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread