wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd share a couple of my local hunts from this past week. Almost everything was found in the dry sand and I was surprised at the variety of junk. We've got a Zippo lighter, toy cars, misc. foreign coins, 1 wheat penny, 925 silver earring and quite a bit of clad. Conditions have not been good for wet sand hunting and I just couldn't stand it anymore...had to go out and look for somethin' :laughing7:

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 009.JPG 011.JPG 009.JPG 012.JPG

I was up in San Simeon camping this past weekend and found some interesting things on the beach. Some hand forged nails and deck spike + the top half of a ring? I wasn't quite sure what this was it is heavy for a small piece 3.4 gm. It was to heavy for silver or gold and the stones do not test diamonds. Low and behold it tested positive for platinum!

008.JPG 015.JPG 018.JPG

Good Luck Out There........

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunts. :thumbsup: I was amazed that when I read you subject, you had 100 views but only two hunters gave you a like.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd share a couple of my local hunts from this past week. Almost everything was found in the dry sand and I was surprised at the variety of junk. We've got a Zippo lighter, toy cars, misc. foreign coins, 1 wheat penny, 925 silver earring and quite a bit of clad. Conditions have not been good for wet sand hunting and I just couldn't stand it anymore...had to go out and look for somethin' :laughing7:

View attachment 1123842 View attachment 1123843 View attachment 1123844 View attachment 1123845 View attachment 1123846 View attachment 1123847 View attachment 1123854 View attachment 1123856

I was up in San Simeon camping this past weekend and found some interesting things on the beach. Some hand forged nails and deck spike + the top half of a ring? I wasn't quite sure what this was it is heavy for a small piece 3.4 gm. It was to heavy for silver or gold and the stones do not test diamonds. Low and behold it tested positive for platinum!

View attachment 1123857 View attachment 1123858 View attachment 1123859

Good Luck Out There........

Sorry to burst your bubble. But that ring looks nothing like platinum. Looks like a junk pot metal plated ring. Did you test your self or have someone test it?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a great hunt! Congrads on all...Plat usually comes out clean, but have it tested you just never know. Stainless Steel will pass the plat acid test also...Good Luck and keep us informed..:thumbsup:

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can appreciate all your finds. I hit a lot of the So Cal beaches myself. I use a Dual Field, Sand Shark and the latest edition to my arsonal is the TDI. I found the class ring with the TDI. Take no offense to what I am going to say.. We should change our handles to the Beach Cleaners. Seems like I empty my pouch at least twice before calling it a day. When I get home from a beach hunt I put all the trash in a 5 gallon bucket. The bucket has been emptied several times. During the summer it gets emptied at least twice a week. With a PI you have to dig everything. And that can be a good thing.. HH GFP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions