My first youtube video: CTX 3030 waterproof test @ 40ft. depth - scuba!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to join you someday looks like fun.

it's always a pleasure to share a detection! It was a bit shaky on the video, the sea was really calm on surface, but it was stormy underwater.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You make me Smile froggy! Love the video and can't wait to see you in action! :notworthy:

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You make me Smile froggy! Love the video and can't wait to see you in action! :notworthy:

Which you could be there, Casper and BVI Hunter! .... No not Casper, he is a cleaning maniac :laughing7:

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love it Man!
Cant wait to watch more of your videos.
Happy Hunting!
AjR

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome! Wish I was there!

But your are there....just watch in HD sitting comfortably on the sofa :laughing7:

Spring is coming with better sea condition & visibility... better videos will follow, I promise!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-im ages.jpg Nice vid :thumbsup:

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic video and inspiration to mod my CTX! I am a long time diver but never brought my any of the machines I have owned down with me.

:occasion14:

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Fantastic video and inspiration to mod my CTX! I am a long time diver but never brought my any of the machines I have owned down with me.

:occasion14:

Have to give a try shortly! So much stuff down there ;-)

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fantastic hunt and fantastic video!!! If you don't mind me asking, how deep were you diving? Obviously, this is not a random deep location. People have to be there to loose stuff, so I am guessing, just outside a swimming area or a marina??? Well Done. Keep up the great finds. Beach Papa

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Fantastic hunt and fantastic video!!! If you don't mind me asking, how deep were you diving? Obviously, this is not a random deep location. People have to be there to loose stuff, so I am guessing, just outside a swimming area or a marina??? Well Done. Keep up the great finds. Beach Papa

Thanks mate ;-)

The video was shot between -30ft (Anchor) to -44ft. This is not a place where I hunt, it was just a funny demo of how deep the CTX 3030 goes underwater. I just took a few minutes from a dive with friends to make this video.

Most of the time I scuba detect away from beaches and marina because my intrest is medieval and BC coins.....so I have to find shipwrecks.

Last edited:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to respect somebody who mods and expensive machine and takes it below 2 atmospheres. I would have had more of a worried look on my face.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I do show my mods on the field in extreme condition. So no need to worry about wadding / beach hunting anymore...

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks mate ;-)

The video was shot between -30ft (Anchor) to -44ft. This is not a place where I hunt, it was just a funny demo of how deep the CTX 3030 go underwater. I just took a few minutes from a dive with friends to make this video.

Most of the time I scuba detect away from beaches and marina because my intrest is medieval and BC coins.....so I have to find shipwrecks.

FrogMaster, Thanks for trying to answer my question. Unfortunately, I goofed up the question. After I watched your video in this post, a number of your other videos came up on the screen and I watched the one in the upper left corner of the screen, showing you finding a chain on a silty, shell bottom. For a while you were using a pin pointer rather than fanning the targets out because of the amount of silt on the bottom and not wanting to cloud up the water. I think you found 5 gold and 8 silver jewelry items in a one hour forty five minute hunt, which is what I might find in 6 months if I am very lucky. That second video was the video I was referring to when asking how deep you were diving and if you were hunting a swimming area or a marina. I understand if you don't want to answer. Where I hunt, the sand moves so much with the wave action that gold gets buried out of detection range quickly. Although half the day, swimmers are beyond the low tide mark around here, hunting that water is almost sterile because of the surf and wave action burying targets in the loose sand so quickly. I enjoyed both of your videos, and will probably mod my CTX some day since I have already experienced water intrusion into the battery compartment. HH, Beach Papa

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
FrogMaster, Thanks for trying to answer my question. Unfortunately, I goofed up the question. After I watched your video in this post, a number of your other videos came up on the screen and I watched the one in the upper left corner of the screen, showing you finding a chain on a silty, shell bottom. For a while you were using a pin pointer rather than fanning the targets out because of the amount of silt on the bottom and not wanting to cloud up the water. I think you found 5 gold and 8 silver jewelry items in a one hour forty five minute hunt, which is what I might find in 6 months if I am very lucky. That second video was the video I was referring to when asking how deep you were diving and if you were hunting a swimming area or a marina. I understand if you don't want to answer. Where I hunt, the sand moves so much with the wave action that gold gets buried out of detection range quickly. Although half the day, swimmers are beyond the low tide mark around here, hunting that water is almost sterile because of the surf and wave action burying targets in the loose sand so quickly. I enjoyed both of your videos, and will probably mod my CTX some day since I have already experienced water intrusion into the battery compartment. HH, Beach Papa

I am not a Minelab offical tester: I don't find plenty of jewelry in a single hunt when testing the latest product :laughing7:

As I said, I'm used to detect far away from beaches and marinas (sometimes I enjoy recent find as well) because my primary interest is old gold and silver.

If you have experience water intrusion in the battery compartment, just place a 79mmx2.5mm (from 2.0mm to 2.65mm it's ok) NBR 70 o'ring, and just forget about it

FM

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread