Crazy beach erosion on Long Island

BarryFreed

Greenie
May 17, 2008
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Has anyone been out to the Long Island beaches since the thaw? There is an article in today's local paper about how had the erosion is, and the pictures look like a lot of sand has been stripped away. The temperatures have been brutal, but it should be good pickings!

image.JPG Montauk

Upvote 0

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to be hitting that area as many times and more. your going to find a ton of treasure with that kinda erosion.

OP
OP
BarryFreed

BarryFreed

Greenie
May 17, 2008
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Not sure how much I'm allowed to post, but just a brief clip from the article says:

Work on an $8.4 million beach renourishment project for downtown Montauk is expected to start later this month after winter storm-related delays, Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-Shirley) said Sunday.

For reference, that picture was from January 28th. We've been pounded by several major storms since then, so no doubt the erosion is much more severe then even pictured. Today the low was about 25, so it may still be too frozen to check out, but its supposed to climb into the low 50's in a few days. Will try to get out there and post some pics of the crazy erosion if possible.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barry I was down at Tobay beach yesterday with very little results, not much erosion. But that pic makes me think montauk is the place to be

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread