Beach hunting vacation in sight

ANJ245

Greenie
Jul 16, 2011
Garnett, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Whites XLT, Fisher CZ21, Fisher CZ20, Fisher Gold Bug
I recently found a class ring here in Kansas. I have located the owner in Sarasota, Florida. The return of this ring has presented the perfect opportunity for a motorcycle trip. In the past I lived near the Galveston and was a water hunter. I still have two sets of equipment, machines, scoops, mesh bags etc.

My girlfriend and I will spend a week or so in Florida hunting the beaches. I really have no idea where to go. I am soliciting suggestions. Things that I am considering other than beach traffic are campground availability. Can I leave a motorcycle trailer unattended. Should I avoid certain areas? Any laws that I should be aware of. General attitude towards beach detecting at different beaches. Should I consider West coast versus East coast? What about the panhandle? I am a veteran, I could utilize military lodging.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
ANJ245

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
If you are headed to Sarasota then Siesta Key beach is one you will want to hit. sorry I can't help with camping info.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to hunt in the water then the West coast is better...big surf on the East coast...if you want to wet sand hunt then Patrick Air Force Base is on the east coast just south of Cocoa Beach...lots of beaches in that area with big tide changes that leave wide wet sand areas to detect....like cntrydncr1 said, if you get near Siesta Key go there...its a beautiful beach and you will enjoy it no matter what you find detecting...good luck and keep us updated on your trip.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wish you a wonderful, safe trip , ANJ25.:hello2:

Sorry, can't help with detecting areas..never hunted in Fla., but I hope you will have a great time and bring home lots of treasures.

Lorraine

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
If you planning on Detecting Orange County , Florida ( Orlando ) They have a Free Permit for Detecting.goldnugget

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are headed to Sarasota then Siesta Key beach is one you will want to hit. sorry I can't help with camping info.
I agree. Check the website called reserve America for camping info there are a couple of decent state parks within 25 miles of Sarasota.

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best wishes for a profitable and enjoyable trip. Keep us posted on your progress with lots of photos

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions