NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was away on a relic hunt down south this weekend
not beach or water finds - well a lot of them were found in a swamp and I was up to my elbow in water digging a few of them out
but did use my CZ21 water machine
casp01.JPG
and I did dress for the water
7mm farmer john with padded knees - bathing trunks underneath - kayak river wet boots - one of my water sweat shirts
guys make fun of me - but fri it rained - and I was fine -they got soaked
there were many wet and swampy areas
and I was fine - I could kneel down in the wet where others could not
a road was flooded out and many could not cross without a vehicle - many on foot had to turn back -
I walked right across - was knee deep at its deepest part - told people there - "come in ...the waters fine"
places in the woods were covered in briars and I could walk thru with out feeling a one - could kneel down in them
and not feel a one - it never got above 50 - morning were cold
I was fine - I did wear gloves - but not in pic and gloves were for water too. rubberized
DSCN0632.JPG
ones found in the swamp waters got caked for some reason - broke one open there on site to see what was inside - once I knew they were minie balls
I saved a few to get pics then cleaned them at hotel
DSCN0637.JPG
this bullet is known as a Williams cleaner
DSCN0640.JPG

I was using my CZ21 - guys make fun of me using a water machine
Ive wanted to buy an expensive relic machine - but the depth I know I can get with my CZ21 - Ive been wanting to prove I can compete with the "big boys"
and last 2 hunts I have (2 of the areas I hit this weekend and pulled a bunch of my stuff from - others with T2s, F75s and Deus machine found nothing) - one guy I let him have one of my faint low tones and told him it had to be a minie ball - he had not found any that day - and told him to have at it - he was impressed I think at how deep it was - was close to 2 feet down
I would not recommend a newbie trying it - but I know my machine and use it the same way as I do in the water- I did a lot of clicking from all metal to ID mode
wish they would change the gold button to an ID zero mode so would be easier to check targets - I don't use it to pinpoint - waste of my time in the water
pretty much - all metal and click over to ID mode - small shallow low tones - are nails and this spot had many - and Id bypass them
go for all mid tones and all high - shallow highs were mostly shotgun shells - and there were many
but all machines will pick those up
but I got whisper faint signals - half the time they read when checked as high tones (especially the larger bullets)- half were low tones
but would go for both - most were lead minie balls (CW bullets) and were down real deep
I was up to my elbow pulling some of them out - here is one example - I got faint signal and knew it was over a foot down
I dug to about a foot - then pulled out pinpointer - no reading so I dug out 3 more inches - then rechecked
got a tone and started to take dirt out with my hand and recheck until I felt it - this was last target of the day - partner was at truck and packing it up
being the last target - took the time to take my phone out and take pic of it "as found"
many people will say - "how do you know it was that deep" because I take out the dirt in layers - I do not use a huge shovel
once I get down close I use a knife and pinpointer so I do not damage items and I don't go straight in when I get close - I go outside the target
have seen guys damage stuff from working to fast
this is a 3 ring minie - it is in center of pic
it was about elbow deep
itsinthe hole.jpg

Upvote 0

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds! Lots of digging. That is weird how some of the bullets were "caked". Thank you for sharing, always a great read.

HH

Vdubguy

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was away on a relic hunt down south this weekend
not beach or water finds - well a lot of them were found in a swamp and I was up to my elbow in water digging a few of them out
but did use my CZ21 water machine
View attachment 1139557
and I did dress for the water
7mm farmer john with padded knees - bathing trunks underneath - kayak river wet boots - one of my water sweat shirts
guys make fun of me - but fri it rained - and I was fine -they got soaked
there were many wet and swampy areas
and I was fine - I could kneel down in the wet where others could not
a road was flooded out and many could not cross without a vehicle - many on foot had to turn back -
I walked right across - was knee deep at its deepest part - told people there - "come in ...the waters fine"
places in the woods were covered in briars and I could walk thru with out feeling a one - could kneel down in them
and not feel a one - it never got above 50 - morning were cold
I was fine - I did wear gloves - but not in pic and gloves were for water too. rubberized
View attachment 1139558
ones found in the swamp waters got caked for some reason - broke one open there on site to see what was inside - once I knew they were minie balls
I saved a few to get pics then cleaned them at hotel
View attachment 1139559
this bullet is known as a Williams cleaner
View attachment 1139561

I was using my CZ21 - guys make fun of me using a water machine
Ive wanted to buy an expensive relic machine - but the depth I know I can get with my CZ21 - Ive been wanting to prove I can compete with the "big boys"
and last 2 hunts I have (2 of the areas I hit this weekend and pulled a bunch of my stuff from - others with T2s, F75s and Deus machine found nothing) - one guy I let him have one of my faint low tones and told him it had to be a minie ball - he had not found any that day - and told him to have at it - he was impressed I think at how deep it was - was close to 2 feet down
I would not recommend a newbie trying it - but I know my machine and use it the same way as I do in the water- I did a lot of clicking from all metal to ID mode
wish they would change the gold button to an ID zero mode so would be easier to check targets - I don't use it to pinpoint - waste of my time in the water
pretty much - all metal and click over to ID mode - small shallow low tones - are nails and this spot had many - and Id bypass them
go for all mid tones and all high - shallow highs were mostly shotgun shells - and there were many
but all machines will pick those up
but I got whisper faint signals - half the time they read when checked as high tones (especially the larger bullets)- half were low tones
but would go for both - most were lead minie balls (CW bullets) and were down real deep
I was up to my elbow pulling some of them out - here is one example - I got faint signal and knew it was over a foot down
I dug to about a foot - then pulled out pinpointer - no reading so I dug out 3 more inches - then rechecked
got a tone and started to take dirt out with my hand and recheck until I felt it - this was last target of the day - partner was at truck and packing it up
being the last target - took the time to take my phone out and take pic of it "as found"
many people will say - "how do you know it was that deep" because I take out the dirt in layers - I do not use a huge shovel
once I get down close I use a knife and pinpointer so I do not damage items and I don't go straight in when I get close - I go outside the target
have seen guys damage stuff from working to fast
this is a 3 ring minie - it is in center of pic
it was about elbow deep
View attachment 1139564
Nice work with the CZ...congrats on the finds...Yeah this forum is dead lately...a bunch of the regular posters here in Florida got together last year and decided not to post their finds...they had some negative experiences like people following them and others trying to figure out their spots...Those guys posts inspired me to get out and find something...I miss their posts of finds...the guys I hunt with said what fun is it if you cant even share your finds on here...we will keep posting because it kinda stops being a hobby when your afraid to show your finds to your friends and fellow detectorist...if they find out where weve been hunting from our posts so be it...we do this for fun and enjoyment and we get a lot of fun and enjoyment from sharing our finds on T-NET.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Casper! Are they still laughing at the guy using a "water machine"?

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Nice work with the CZ...congrats on the finds...Yeah this forum is dead lately...a bunch of the regular posters here in Florida got together last year and decided not to post their finds...they had some negative experiences like people following them and others trying to figure out their spots...Those guys posts inspired me to get out and find something...I miss their posts of finds...the guys I hunt with said what fun is it if you cant even share your finds on here...we will keep posting because it kinda stops being a hobby when your afraid to show your finds to your friends and fellow detectorist...if they find out where weve been hunting from our posts so be it...we do this for fun and enjoyment and we get a lot of fun and enjoyment from sharing our finds on T-NET." BY LoOKINDOWN

Years ago the Fla. guys used to get po'ed for me coming down and taking their gold
thing is I was hunting down there yrs before most of those guys even owned a machine
and those same guys would send me tons of emails after I did good there asking me where I went
"I'm in a slump...think you can tell me where you went" - got many of those
Im sorry - Im in this for the hobby first
at the relic hunt - I told people where I found stuff - when I got into a patch of bullets I called others over
and even gave a guy a faint target cause I had 10 under my belt in the morning and he hadn't gotten one yet
the last hunt I told a bunch of guys where to go that were friendly towards me and about 8 guys found stuff that they otherwise would not have
everyone knows Fla, has gold - Im not going to run down there cause a guy posts 20 rings - I go because their water is warmer - the tourists flock down there from around the world and there is Money - wealth down there - a lot of my best jewelry came from down there - their beaches are open to them 365 days a year
our season is from Memorial day to Labor day - 3 months and that's if the waters are warm enough in June - most years its not
and that's not subtracting beaches being closed to thunderstorms or bacterial problems
many spots now up here - like on Cape Cod have fenced gates so you cant get in in season before 9am and have to be out by 9pm
Myrtle bch guys and Fla. - can go out all night and day
so why wouldn't people up north and in the central part of the country want to head to Cali. and Fla. beaches
I don't know many guys that when someone posts they got a handful of gold from Florida - that they can hop in a car or jump on a flight and head down
there on the drop of a hat - I know I cant - my trips down there are planned usually 6 months or more ahead of time - you want to think I rushing down because you posted - yeah right !
those guys need to worry about guys in the backyard that live down there following them
I have friends down there and eventually they know what everyone drives - they drive by a spot and see your vehicle - and you'll have company
your vehicle is seen 2 or more days in a row and you'll definitely have company and if they got friends - they'll be there too
Ive been right next to guys and have been there when they got the call "hello...yeah ...yeah...gold...big hole...where...""sorry Casper ..got to go..nice talking with you"
Theres gold at every beach down there = you aint gettin any of it - your not good enough - not trying hard enough or aren't lucky enough - 2 of those we have some control over

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Casper! Are they still laughing at the guy using a "water machine"?

Im getting more respect from some - still need to find something special at one of these hunts
couple of guys got rare bayonets and rare buttons which makes them all stand up and take notice
last relic hunt in Jan .though nothing really special - I was in the top 10% for finds and these guys are from down there
Im still new to CW hunting - they had been to that area a few times before and most had top of the line relic machines and I was learning to use my cz21 in the dirt
I impressed a few at that one
this one morning of the second day - I had about a dozen bullets early - others had nt gotten much - nut then they got into some virgin ares at nite and on sunday morning - but I got the most total keepers out of the 5 in my group - and I probably hunted the least
bunch of guys got stuck in mud and pushed like 8 guys out - wearing the wet suit - had to go back to truck a lot for fluids
I did not have my own vehicle - so could not pick up and move to other spots if I was in a spot not producing
probably wont be doing another till the Fall - got to try and do some cold water soon and catch up to you guys in the ring dept.
usually Id have had at least one Carrib. trip in my pocket already but my gals mom is in hospice - so cant plan one of those till we see what happens

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow, Casper! That was a very interesting expedition:headbang:

Impressive bullet finds:hello2:
Thanks for the great pics

Lorraine

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to represent with the CZ Casper! I've used mine plenty of times on land for the same reason you do...I know my machine and know that it can hit deep and find items as long as I listen to it. I've been "poo poo'ed" as well on occasion from other hunters working an area with their E-tracs, etc. I should take more selfies of myself smiling nice and wide when I follow up on their trail and end up pulling up all the good stuff they walk right over.

Great hunt and good luck this year on your finds, always look forward to your posts!

-TwoYewts

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Casper, thanks for sharing that information regarding your hunting modes and target info. I primarily hunt similar to you, water hunting with my CZ21 and using another relic machine for those type hunts. But like you, I've been so impressed with the depth and operation of my CZ21 along with basically mastering my understanding and trust of the detector and was thinking the same thing, I'd like to give my CZ21 a test at a relic spot I've been hunting for about 30 years. Primarily I dig mini balls, Spencer casings and once in a while a button or other CW relic. I think I hunt like you, in the auto-tune or all metal mode then I switch the control to 0 on the discrimination just to find out what type tone I'm getting, low, med or hi. So, mini balls hit primarily as a hi tone? Have you found any Spencer casings to know what they hit as? Thanks again for all the info you are posting regarding the use of your CZ21 for relic hunts. Please keep us posted on future hunts with it and how it's working for you. And feel free to share any good inside secrets regarding tuning tricks for relics if you want to lol. I'm sure there are others who have been wondering the same thing about trying out their water machines for "land detecting", I sure have.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper there is no substitute for experience. You have the experience in spades. Nice hunt.:occasion14:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, sorry to hear about your gals mom.
Most of us put together couldn't catch up with your treasure finds if you quit hunting for the rest of your life!

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on your finds! It was nice of you to share with others!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread