Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helloooo to all ,

Today i thought it will be a good idea to do a work by digging a hole....my license as a Full license Mudlark allow me to do so .so from time to time i enjoy my privilege which my friend at the club fought so hard for.So i took 2 spades,1 fork(as usual) my Deus and a good pair of glove :YOUNGSTOWN waterproof and hard wearing perfecto!

So for i started by removing the larger stones and bricks on the chosen area , loose the perimeter with the fork and then moved my way to the center like you will do with a pot of frozen Haagen daas :) .Its hard work i removed my hoodie i took 2 litres of water but they went quickly .No much in that hole except few clay pipes at a foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not nice one but anyway it s not everyday christmas...i took my time to dig because i need to refill the hole after thats the rule and i also marked it with a long rusty steel rod.....like the old men used to do then moving to the clay pipe spot i spot a cannonball who peeled of the concretion quite nicely.2 coins were also spotted half a mile away,with all my gear on my back it was a good workout.....did i also mentioned that i went to that spot walking :) 500 calories gone

Have a nice day and enjoy th epics

RR

wo7.jpg
wo2.jpg
wo1.jpg
wo6.jpg
wo5.jpg
wo3.jpg
wo8.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooops forgot the cannonball eyes only

wo4.jpg

RR

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the pic, R r.

Terrific find!

Lorraine

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Rivers Rat, I thought what you did was very interesting. Just dig a hole and see what you find. Why so many clay pipes? What kind of other stuff have you found doing this? How do you determine which spot on the river to dig? Have you dug at other rivers? What's up with that special license to dig holes on river banks? Good luck on your future diggs.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rivers Rat, I thought what you did was very interesting. Just dig a hole and see what you find. Why so many clay pipes? What kind of other stuff have you found doing this? How do you determine which spot on the river to dig? Have you dug at other rivers? What's up with that special license to dig holes on river banks? Good luck on your future diggs.

Check out this series on youtube- contains the answers to your questions. Hope Rivers rat doesn't mind me posting it here. Great cannonball btw.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Thank you MrT for the link. Look forward to watching the series.

OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi I can dig holes because i m member of the Society of Mudlarks linked tightly to the Museum of London and the PLA (port of London authority)and the River police.We meet once every 3 months and talk about:the river..........������

only few area are restricted ,I m choosing randomly at the moment but learning the big Mud Rush was in the 80s..

Mudlarks allowed to dig are only 51.....

RR

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions