Scuba detection Excalibur II 10" vs CTX 3030 10x5 Coiltek

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys!

Did a little scuba detection with my scuba detecting mate this afternoon to clean the beaches before season starts...

I've used mt CTX 3030 waterproof version with the coiltek 10x5 Joey coil and my mate had an Excalibur II.

I'm used to both machines and CTX3030 underwater is REALLY a great machine. Concerning the 10x5 coil.... it is not designed for scuba postion which is horizontal. it does perform good but I can't advise you to use it underwater, especially for scuba.

I will post a video has soon as I have time...video editing takes a lot of time that I don't really have and forgive me but I use all my free time to scuba detect (!)

We didn't had any great finds but we had a great time during those those 2H underwaterwater.... next time I'll switch back to the 11" stock coil or the 6" coil.

First time I've used my gopro helmet and decided to not place any red filter dure to the "low depth" of 10ft to 35ft and no additional lights.

ctx3030-coiltek-scuba.JPG ctx3030-coiltek-scuba2.JPG ctx3030-usb-sealing.JPG ctx-vs-excalibur1.JPG ctx-vs-excalibur2.JPG ctx-vs-excalibur3.JPG ctx-vs-excalibur4.JPG

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures frogmaster! Sounds like you had a blast! I just sold my CTX and when I see your pictures I wished I hadn't! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread