Customized scoop instructions, plus some Calif. beach hunt action.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ah, thanx to TH'r, I think I've got it now. Thanx TH'r ! :

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you were having a problem getting that sucker in the scoop lol. Just pulling your chain. I guess i could get used to it and if it works for you great. I rarely have to bend over even as much as you did.....so my next question is hows it work when you are neck deep in salt water? Didnt look like you were using a strap on the detector cuff so you could retrieve your targets easier. In the water..... very hard most of the time to NOT use a strap over that cuff. Thanks for the video..... always nice to see what others come up with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Looks like you were having a problem getting that sucker in the scoop lol. Just pulling your chain. I guess i could get used to it and if it works for you great. I rarely have to bend over even as much as you did.....so my next question is hows it work when you are neck deep in salt water? Didnt look like you were using a strap on the detector cuff so you could retrieve your targets easier. In the water..... very hard most of the time to NOT use a strap over that cuff. Thanks for the video..... always nice to see what others come up with.

Yes, one of the targets in the tailings eluded me for a few swipes. No different than any other scoop where it involves knowing where to scoop, to begin with. No reflection on the scoop design itself :)

Re.: strap over the cuff: I have a strap over the cuff on the scoop, but not the detector. For some reason I've never needed it on the detector. But yes: needed on the scoop.

As for how it would work "neck deep in water", I don't know. As I don't wade that deep. However: I've been in up to waste deep (like in gully-wash-rain outflows), and the scoop works well for that.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen you use this in person Tom! 8-) To me it looked awkward, but you seem to have it mastered! :occasion14:

diamondr

Greenie
Aug 10, 2011
Good thing that jogger didn't jog into one of your unfilled holes. Leaving unfilled holes is a black eye for this great hobby. Please start filling your holes. It only takes a couple seconds to do so.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long ago was that video made Tom?

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Mark, the first couple of scenes (2 dry sand digs, and 1 wet sand dig), were about ~2 yrs. ago. The 2nd set of scenes (where the big rock boulders are seen in the background) was about a year ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread