Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ideally, I’d like to modify the end cap on my machine with a coil connector like the test machines OBN has out there, however the jury is still out on which is the best connector that will last the life of the machine. (That’s a mod I only want to do once)

For now, I opted for a less invasive mod that would allow me to hard mount and try the 3M M12 circle connector until it’s proved itself. I took a piece of ¾” acrylic rod which I drilled and tapped M12 for the connector on one end and PG7 for a Heyco on the other. I soldered the coil feed to the connector then treaded on the mini pod then filled it with epoxy then threaded on the Heyco. I then attached the “mini pod” to the shaft of the machine with a scope mount I got from ebay for $3.

Thanks, OBN for the Excal knowledge I’ve gained from your posts! IMG_20150517_151049.jpg IMG_20150517_155810.jpg IMG_20150518_123441.jpg IMG_20150518_123530.jpg IMG_20150518_123552.jpg

Upvote 0

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great looking work! Let everyone know how well everything works as you get some time on the machine. Thanks.

OP
OP
Hydro Man

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great looking work! Let everyone know how well everything works as you get some time on the machine. Thanks.

Will do Search.
I typically do most my hunting in fresh water though, but some very cold water at times.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Hydroman
Thanks, OBN for the Excal knowledge I’ve gained from your posts!

Thank You, Let me say many of my ideas have come from you guys...

I will be talking to someone and they will say, I sure wish I could change out the head phones..

Done....

because we are out there and see the need to improve..

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe.... you are to modest about your contributions. You take the stuff to a whole new level with a lot of research, testing, and cash out of your own pocket. You have made a companies even take notice like Kelleyco who seen the advantage of the PPer and headphones. There are a lot of us swinging better Xcals because of your efforts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread