CWB

Greenie
Jun 15, 2015
NE Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello to everyone. New to the site and to the game. Started about 3 weeks ago beach detecting with Excalibur II, 8" coil.
Needed a new hobby after rotator cuff surgery. I have used metal detectors years ago, nothing as good has this though.
Spent many hours reading forums before purchase and am happy with purchase so far.
I have spent the last 9 days going to area beaches and spend average of 4-5 hours at a time.
Started running in PP and digging everything to try and match tones to metal. I then started changing from PP to Disc after hitting target.
After more reading I gather I am asking for trouble by breaking the switch?
Compared targets in PP and in Disc, PP would hit and Disc would miss on deeper stuff, thats why I like running PP.
I have hunted dry sand, wetsand, and very little in ocean so far.
I would love to have the PP mod, but have to wait for Warranty to run out.
I have learned a ton reading post here, Gel seals for the headphones, reading the beach, coin lines, etc.

What book would be recommended for beach/ shallow water detecting to help increase finds ?
Thanks for all the help

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome.PNG Start here...The Golden Olde

Good Luck:hello:,
Sandman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CWB,

Hello and welcome to TreasureNet....

Sent you a pm.....

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone. New to the site and to the game. Started about 3 weeks ago beach detecting with Excalibur II, 8" coil.
Needed a new hobby after rotator cuff surgery. I have used metal detectors years ago, nothing as good has this though.
Spent many hours reading forums before purchase and am happy with purchase so far.
I have spent the last 9 days going to area beaches and spend average of 4-5 hours at a time.
Started running in PP and digging everything to try and match tones to metal. I then started changing from PP to Disc after hitting target.
After more reading I gather I am asking for trouble by breaking the switch?
Compared targets in PP and in Disc, PP would hit and Disc would miss on deeper stuff, thats why I like running PP.
I have hunted dry sand, wetsand, and very little in ocean so far.
I would love to have the PP mod, but have to wait for Warranty to run out.
I have learned a ton reading post here, Gel seals for the headphones, reading the beach, coin lines, etc.

What book would be recommended for beach/ shallow water detecting to help increase finds ?
Thanks for all the help
The book of experience. Just keep hunting and digging everything non-ferrous.....and a few ferrous ones now and then just to verify your machine is telling you correctly. When your warranty runs out and you want to upgrade, I'd recommend along with the PP button, you upgrade the head phones and install a 15" WOT coil. I also prefer the straight shaft and hip mount myself, especially with the WOT. Cuts a lot of the weight off.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-NET...look forward to seeing your finds...good luck.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time out there is your best teacher. Theres no real short cut that going to increase your finds. Learn your detector and how your beach changes. If you need more...... get a good hunting buddy who will increase the fun of it. Oh.... and yes you will break the PP knobs or switch eventially so its about as cheap to have the PP mod done. Kelleyco does them. Thats a mod i highly recommend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread