HOW DO WAVES MOVE A HEAVY WOMENS RING AROUND?

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I met a lady at a local beach to locate her ring lost in 2 to 3 feet of water. I did a grid search of the area and beyond. I was using my Excal with the 10 inch coil in the water and my wot coil in the wet sand. This was a day after she lost it. The ring was a heavy white gold band with 5 diamonds. How does the waves and tides move the ring around. The sand is firm with gravel in the water.Thanks Joe

Upvote 0

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ring finder is right...... most of the time they THINK they know exactly where it is. Once you dont find it....... they get memory loss and cant ever remember if they even lost it in the water. With a good hard pan and the way sands been moving with the current the sand can push it and will collate it based on weight. Those with stones can PARACHUTE (turn up on end) and move..... that will also make them very difficult to find. Much like a coin in the dirt on end..... add say white gold to that or a low karat and at any depth you will walk right over it.

Rob071

Greenie
Oct 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv always wondered this, how would one see the direction of the current though?

Try food dye harmless 1 if you can find it or a blueloo,they will show you the current but if you use a blueloo get a glove to pick it up after you have had a look at the current...

Capt Nat

Nov 11, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
GTI 2500
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a lot of us are just wondering how heavy this woman actually is....

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, it might be both! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread