rough day

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yesterday I had to fly out to El Paso TX for a one day work thing. Getting home at 8am and having the next several days off I was itching to hit the beaches. Once the plane landed and I got home I quickly grabbed my charged excal and raced off to a local beach I've yet to hit. It was a very popular beach that is encased by cliff's. There's a stairway to get down. I opted for a popular trail path. On the way down I noticed people at the bottom. Two guys laying side by side. I pondered the obvious question, then thoughy,... so what if they are..... I walked around a corner and it zigged back again and as I looked down I noticed that now these two "Gentlemen" were engaging in, should I say... activities that should NEVER be seen by my eyes... That was a problem in it's own right but it was magnified by the fact that this was a VERY highly used public beach and about 12 kids were about to make their way down. I yelled at them to stop and that I called the police and I took photo's to prove that they were being very indecent. They threw a little hissy and then left.... ..... Two dollars in change and 2 hrs later (small beach and the low tide was only giving exposed bedrock and zero targets), I left for another beach.

At this other, well hit beach, I was getting the usual disappointments of coins and caps and then it started to lightly rain. Cool!!! People will split.. Then it started to RAIN... Even better... Then lightening was hitting the ground (3 times), then it started to hail. (IN JUNE.. In SO CAL).. then the wind started getting violent. Then lifeguards made people leave. This beach was PACKED. Then an hr later it was empty. Even I couldn't hold out. As I shifted dry sand it would blow all over the place including my face, I was being pelted by heavy rain and feared a lightening strike. I had to bail unsatisfied by the hunt..

This beach was only 10 miles from my house... It took me 45 minutes to get home with bumper to bumper traffic... 4.00 in change and nothing else..6 hrs of detecting diligently ..... WHAT A DAY...

I will be hitting the beach again around 11pm tonight because I KNOW people were jumping up and running for their cars and thats a VERY good thing for people like us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did your phone break after the pics? Mine would have and I would have to gouge my eyes out.....lol

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Sounds like you got taken off you game a little today Jeep!
Better luck tonight!

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
I said I took photos but I really didn't . God my eyes would have bugged out

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, get used to it folks. This is where we are headed.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you didn't get some gold. I'm sure next time you're out there you will get some gold, with everyone leaving the beach in a hurry to beat the weather.

HH

Vdubguy

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
My thoughts the same. I wanted to get out there last might before the high tide but couldnt get back. Walked tight grid lines the length of a football field yhis morning. Clad and some silver stuff.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which beach did you go to Jeep? Blacks? :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
No surf... near sunset cliffs

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
near sunset cliffs. I know all about Blacks Beach... I have a really hard time there because my WOT goes ballistic with the mineralization. And yes, I know what you were getting at.... :)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done ok at some of the small coves along there but haven't had any luck down at the end by Ladera.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
jeepGold, sorry about those poor weather conditions.

I wish you the best on your next hunt there.

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread