Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After my good hunt - went up to the car and took off my wet suit and put my gear away
grabbed a bite to eat - and asked my gal what she wanted to do and because tide was coming in and had no other plans - we decided to stay and relax
I put some sunscreen on and laid down. I had my sandy wet boots still on and had them sticking out off our blanket ...but it was 80 out and a cool ocean breeze was blowing ...nice
then a large group plopped down right in front of us
6 kids - couple of mothers, one of their girlfriends and a grandma - they pretty much all were kicking sand as they positioning themselves in front of us - not caring at all that they
were upsetting us - kids walking on my blanket - kicking sand on us. I whispered back to my girlfriend "I'm just waiting for one of them to step on me" - grandma steps back - kicks me then steps on my ankle
she almost fell on me but surprisingly she save herself but did not even apologize - Im not happy
then one of the mothers called all the kids over for sunscreen - one of the children was from Africa - and came as a guest - his mom could not make it
other kids were saying to the mom "he doesn't need sunscreen..come on" - but she insisted - he could still get burned
he had his glasses on and she told him to take them off and just let her spray some on his hands and he could just put some on his face
once they were all covered - all the kids ran into the ocean
finally peace once again - 1/2 hour later they come back out of the ocean and the boy with the glasses is looking for his glasses
everyone panics and are looking all around the blanket - they are kicking sand around - at me again and Im getting po'ed again
I say to my gal, "I think the kid lost his glasses" we wait and listen
He thought he dropped them next to the blanket where he put the sunscreen on - I had noticed he had put them in his pocket and finally spoke up
but he said he did not have them and they head to the shallows to see if they could find them
Im shaking my head cause water was churned up and they would not be able to see them and expected someone to step on them
I asked them "would you like me to try and find them?" They said "what makes you think you can find them?"
I told them I have a metal detector up in my vehicle and its water proof and if they are still out there - I could find them
So I went back up and grabbed my machine and mask - did not take scoop cause I did not want to risk breaking them - figured they should be right on top and I should be able to see
or feel them - they insisted I try around the blanket - I told them they would have stepped on them by now - I jumped in the surf and got a few small iron signals - after about 3 minutes later
got a loud zap - put my face in - there was seaweed and shells being tossed around and could not see what I had - reached in and felt them - bingo - had them
everyone was cheering - most other people around didn't know what was going on - kids were cheering - moms couldn't believe it - grandma was blessing me
they texted boys mom and she wanted to kill him for losing them but they sent a pic of me returning them and she text back I was her hero
they offered to buy me a drink or something - told them I don't take anything for finding and returning - the boy came over to me a few times and thanked me again and shook my hand - think
he might have gotten a butt whooping had he gone home without them - told them just how lucky they were to have sat in front of us - had they been down a ways - I would not have paid attention
and they were lucky I had a water machine and lucky we had not left after my initial hunt
lostnfound.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were also lucky you didn't get so PO'd that you left early or ignored their plight! :laughing7:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story! Tell me! Are you getting shorter? or is the kid taller then you? :laughing7: :laughing7:

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good karma adder-upper for you..... Side note: You got MUCH farther than I would of...I'd of held my opinions until I got physically stepped on then there would of been an issue...

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You're a better man than me. After all that crap they put you through, my New York City upbringing would have kicked in and there would have been a scene at that beach. Instead you took the high road and came out a winner. ☺️

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread