penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOST RING

OK all you beach jewelry hunters. Received an email today from a young lady who lost her engagement ring at the beach. Here are the details:

Lost around 5 pm Saturday 7/11/15. About 15-20 feet out from the shoreline.

Picture attached.

A reward has been offered.

PM me for details.

Lost Ring Pompano Beach.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully, a responsible person will find and return it. You never know with CL ads and public posting of lost items. Not everyone has that person's best interest at heart. There are many members of TheRingFinders.com who would be glad to help her recover that ring. Just look in the members directory to find someone near you.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
You might want to remove the location and only give it out to forum members that are in that area

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's Gary Drayton land - maybe he'll get it

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reward!

Thank you to everyone giving well wishes on the search. I'm well aware that giving this info out could lead to someone deciding to take it and sell it for themselves, but before anyone runs off with any ideas, keep in mind:
The ring was sized to a size 3 and the diamond is a 1/2 carat. If anyone tries to sell this to a jeweler or pawnshop... You would only get $400.... Maaaaybe... That's a high ball considering a size 7 with a full carat would sell for $500. That being said, the ring has sentimental value to
me. If you find it, you have something I want.... Plain and simple. Its worth more to me than the pawn shop or jeweler trying to buy it basically. A pawnshop will never be able to sell a size 3. A jeweler would melt down the gold and pluck the diamonds.... Its not a lot of gold and the diamonds aren't really holding value on the market today.

OK all you beach jewelry hunters. Received an email today from a young lady who lost her engagement ring at the beach. Here are the details:

Lost around 5 pm Saturday 7/11/15. About 15-20 feet out from the shoreline.

Picture attached.

A reward has been offered.

PM me for details.

View attachment 1186954

Last edited:

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was contacted by an amazing couple who came out to the beach to help me search yesterday. They didn't ask for anything in return and for their generosity, I tried to give them an outback gift card. They asked for a kiss on the cheek instead. I have been blessed to have met such kind people on this search even though we didn't have any luck, but I truly appreciate anyone who cares to help. The beach was cleaned up by them, so the search narrows a bit!

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was contacted by an amazing couple who came out to the beach to help me search yesterday. They didn't ask for anything in return and for their generosity, I tried to give them an outback gift card. They asked for a kiss on the cheek instead. I have been blessed to have met such kind people on this search even though we didn't have any luck, but I truly appreciate anyone who cares to help. The beach was cleaned up by them, so the search narrows a bit!

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
I always say "one lost ring is a tragedy, many lost rings is a purse full of finds ;)"

now in this thread I see that it is a tragedy indeed.

OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Hannah, Hope you didn't mind me posting your loss on our site. If someone on this site finds your ring, and it's entirely possible, they will see that it is returned to you...Tony
Thank you to everyone giving well wishes on the search. I'm well aware that giving this info out could lead to someone deciding to take it and sell it for themselves, but before anyone runs off with any ideas, keep in mind:
The ring was sized to a size 3 and the diamond is a 1/2 carat. If anyone tries to sell this to a jeweler or pawnshop... You would only get $400.... Maaaaybe... That's a high ball considering a size 7 with a full carat would sell for $500. That being said, the ring has sentimental value to
me. If you find it, you have something I want.... Plain and simple. Its worth more to me than the pawn shop or jeweler trying to buy it basically. A pawnshop will never be able to sell a size 3. A jeweler would melt down the gold and pluck the diamonds.... Its not a lot of gold and the diamonds aren't really holding value on the market today.

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011

lol u cant find 1 full carat (one single diamond) for $500, unless its I3 or so, and fancy colour

also diamonds do hold value in "today's market" ;)

I wish u good luck!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's assuming you're dealing with rational people. Don't get me wrong, most detectorists that I know are upstanding folks that would love to return a ring to the person who lost it. That doesn't apply to everyone though. I know of 3 locals, who, if they found the ring, you'd never see it again. One guy doesn't sell ANYTHING he finds, period. The other two would rather pawn the ring than return it. One guy lives on what he finds, so, it's pawned immediately. The other has been burned a few times on returning items and he just doesn't want to deal with "owners". Good Luck on getting it back!

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind Tony, thank you for reaching out. At the end of the day, I know I might not ever see it again whether someone finds it or not. Its better that its found than in the sand.

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what I meant... How much as a jeweler would you pay for my ring honestly?

hannahljmr

Jul 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So could I then politely ask these 3 folks to not look for my ring if they have no interest in returning it ? I have some people already looking for it and would like to reward them if they find it.
That's assuming you're dealing with rational people. Don't get me wrong, most detectorists that I know are upstanding folks that would love to return a ring to the person who lost it. That doesn't apply to everyone though. I know of 3 locals, who, if they found the ring, you'd never see it again. One guy doesn't sell ANYTHING he finds, period. The other two would rather pawn the ring than return it. One guy lives on what he finds, so, it's pawned immediately. The other has been burned a few times on returning items and he just doesn't want to deal with "owners". Good Luck on getting it back!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can ask, but, it's likely to fall on deaf ears. Once you give the location info away, it's impossible to put the genie back in the bottle. A public beach is open to whoever wants to hunt it. Selecting a few trusted people to search for it would be a safer choice.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, you know rules on attacking member....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread