DETEKNIX new Pinpointer DIVER version --- Preview -----

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold Test on DETEKNIX Pinpointer DIVER version

Hi guys

As you all probably know, I'm an addict of "deep" scuba detection.... I'm testing the Diver version of the Deteknix pinpointer...

Question: would you like to have a detailed test article & video? And if yes, which test will you want to have?

FM

1436765267.jpg

deteknix-diver1.jpg deteknix-diver2.jpg
deteknix-diver3.jpg deteknix-diver4.jpg
deteknix-diver5.jpg deteknix-diver6.jpg
deteknix-diver7.jpg deteknix-diver8.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure, let us know if it leaks.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course Mr Jackie...

I would like to know what kind of underwater test can be of interest, even deeper then -100Ft? I can shoot them in video...

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol! I was kidding Froggie. Unfortunately 99% of us will never have the pleasure, funds, b###s, time, or place to do what you do. We live those dreams through you my man. Keep up the good work brother. Let us all know how you make out with that bad boy, I would just be worried about getting caught in a rain storm.:tongue3:

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol! I was kidding Froggie. Unfortunately 99% of us will never have the pleasure, funds, b###s, time, or place to do what you do. We live those dreams through you my man. Keep up the good work brother. Let us all know how you make out with that bad boy, I would just be worried about getting caught in a rain storm.:tongue3:

Thanks Mr Jackie :-)

I really think have a pinpointer even for wading and beach detection is important. Most of the pinpointers are not waterproof and when then "claim" they are... it's an other story.

So having a really waterproof pinpointer at a descent price can really save time!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know "depth of detection"... how many inches for a coin... ring etc in sand... and dirt...
Also would like to "proximity" to tip area... circumference...l like how close to sides of tip.

Battery usage ? = Batt life ?

How much ?
Distance from object "begin pickup" is of most interest to me...

Last edited:
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Beav

Mar 22, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
VLF
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The page of the link posted states the unit has a built-in 3.7V, 500mAH Lithium Battery, yet in the overview list on the same page it states
" Powered by 9V or 2X AA battery". My question is, which type of battery is it REALLY powered by?
Beav

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frog Master I would prefer to see demonstrations on how to effectively use the Diver Detelnix pinpointer rather than performance tests as follows:
1) Effective use of this pipointer to isolate targets found in the Dry Sand Zone (Salt Water beaches) with the CTX 3030.
2) Effective use of this pinpointer to isolate targets in the Wet Sand zone with the CTX 3030 or PI detectors.
3) How to use this pipointer effectively to retrieve targets while diving with an Excalibur metal detector, CTX 3030, and PI metal detectors.

I am primarily interested in using this pin pointer with the CTX 3030 as that detector is very very sensitive to small targets and detected targets often disappear while digging.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like watching your videos. Another one would be a pleasure to see. How is it working so far? Hh Gl -Joe

Hi guys

As you all probably know, I'm an addict of "deep" scuba detection.... I'm testing the Diver version of the Deteknix pinpointer...

Question: would you like to have a detailed test article & video? And if yes, which test will you want to have?

FM

1436765267.jpg

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Hunting!! We are waiting the the pictures of the finds!! Good Luck!!:treasurechest:

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just received a little message from Jason, DETEKNIX

"You are the most serious diver detectorist. Most diver go to less than 20M. So the standard have to meet your demand.
Now we finally passed the pressure test and will sent to you in this week.
You are the first one to use the mass production version."

I have to wait for this latest version which will be the definitive one. Design have changed a bit and should be even more resistant to depth pressure

Actually there is only one waterproof "pinpointer like" on the market, it is the Vibra Tector range...which are more between a hand detector and a Pinpointer.

Here is the latest video Prez on the Diver version of this Deteknix: you can see the rechargeable battery + some of the features

Last edited:
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Frog Master I would prefer to see demonstrations on how to effectively use the Diver Detelnix pinpointer rather than performance tests as follows:
1) Effective use of this pipointer to isolate targets found in the Dry Sand Zone (Salt Water beaches) with the CTX 3030.
2) Effective use of this pinpointer to isolate targets in the Wet Sand zone with the CTX 3030 or PI detectors.
3) How to use this pipointer effectively to retrieve targets while diving with an Excalibur metal detector, CTX 3030, and PI metal detectors.

I am primarily interested in using this pin pointer with the CTX 3030 as that detector is very very sensitive to small targets and detected targets often disappear while digging.

Yes I will with pleasure. :notworthy:

Just concerning the the lost signals of CTX 3030 when digging, this is typically Minelab. Just switch to PP mode and you should find your target back, you can also change your swing angle or move the bit everything to change the position of the find ;-)

I will test with the

- CTX 3030 for beach with dry & wet sand and underwater down to 30FT. It on the Med see so very salty condition
- Excalibur underwater down to probably the limit to test at which depth the DETEKNIX will colapse :thumbsup:

I actually use the Vibra Tector product range and I'm not satisfied at all with them due to their size and poor ergonomic when used as a pinpointer, so I will try to show how the Deteknix will behave.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
? ? ?

Talking to myself ?

Good for meditation ARRC. :laughing7:

I haven't test it yet. I was waiting for the final version to make a real test.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering...
What about "open air" tests ? video maybe ?

And... sand/dirt... just outside... Bucket of dirt tests ?

Mainly curious about distance to pointer reaction... in inches... for dry conditions first.
"Proximity tests"...

Beings these will be assuredly used both IN and OUT of water... plus just curious to have a "bases" to judge between dry and wet signals.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I been using the waterproof Makro pointer in the saltwater here in Hawaii without an issue until last week. It began motor-boating (continuous beep) in the salt water. Tried adjusting the sensitivity down but it kept doing it when in the water. Check the Xpointer diver when you get it ... make sure conductive saltwater isn't a problem.

The other problem worthy of checking is EMI interference - I've had bad problems with the ML ProFind and the Vibraprobe 570 pinpointers becoming unusable. They just begin sounding off continuously on their own - it may be some nearby EMI as the beach is in the city (but who knows, could be the CTX, but one is VLF and the other PI?) The Makro pointer doesn't seem to have an EMI problem, just possibly a saltwater issue.

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have multiple EMI interferences between:

CTX 3030 and Excalibur II can't detect closer then 15ft, a nightmare
CTX 3030 and XP Deus, problem for Deus only (40ft seperation required), CTXis not sensible to the Deus
CTX and Vibra Tektor, both hate each other
Excalibur and Vibra Tector (VibraProbe series), like cats and dogs
Latest Whites TRX totally incompatible with almost all detectors
Profind is the least worst, but still many issues with various VLF detectors

Jack, I not expecting the XPointer to act/behave differently when used with a powerfull VLF in the other hand. I think You will still need long arms to seperate them on the field:laughing7:

I will make the test in very salty condition only. I really want to check the latest version of the on/off push button, due to EmI interferences, it is an important ergonomical point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok here's the first photos of this product.

First impression: I can see my picture on the box with a pinpointer I've never had in hand :laughing9: FXxk me, I'm starting to be famous!

deteknix-diver1.jpg deteknix-diver2.jpg
deteknix-diver3.jpg deteknix-diver4.jpg
deteknix-diver5.jpg deteknix-diver6.jpg
deteknix-diver7.jpg deteknix-diver8.jpg

Last edited:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool! Did they ask your permission first before placing your picture in the box? Are they going to mass produce that box with your picture on it? If so do you get a royalty for every box sold? Just curious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions