English beaches

pistolpete59

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all iv been detecting on land for about 8 years now with various success, I also live within 1 mile of the north east cost of England, and iv dabbled on the beach on and off in the summer months when the land was in crop.i bought myself a minelab sovereign GT, second hand, but I, m having mixed results with it. I'd appreciate some GT settings if any UK members can help me,but my main reason for this thread is iv been thinking about getting a whites TDI sl but I'm a bit put off this particular machine due to the fact they,r not very popular over here. I've only found 1 u tube video of a guy on the beach in Blackpool, but they seem pretty popular over in the states. I,d better explain that I also want it for the wet beach and shallow water.can anyone offer me any advise on this machine and it's capability over here on our beaches thanks

Upvote 0

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. Lots of good people here, and i'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're buying this mainly for beach hunting and you're determined to use a PI machine, I'd recommend the Garrett Infinium LS over the TDI. It's designed for beach hunting and is waterproof. It has a crude but effective means of discrimination and a slightly bigger coil for more coverage. If your beaches are as iron infested as mine, you might also look into a good discriminating machine from Minelab.

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do very well with my whites dual field

OP
OP
P

pistolpete59

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do very well with my whites dual field

Yeah iv looked the whites dual field but it's those hard wired earphones I can,t get away with as for this garret infinitum iv never heard of the model over here.the u tube video iv seen on the TDI from beach comparisons seem to be more favorable but I need to speak to someone who has one and can tell me his thoughts on this machine.thanks for everybody's Imput.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not aware of any wireless beach machines. Is there one out there? And don't say the Deus as it's not a beach machine! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread