Slim Pickens in Clearwater

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I worked Clearwater Beach from the lifeguard station in front of Mandalay Park to Baymont Street (south side of the Sand Pearl) this morning. Covered from the shore to chin high with my Sand Shark for three hours. Not much found other than bobby pins, a large tent stake, several bottle caps 6 inches deep in head high water, a screw, one quarter and one penny. Dug every signal I could find.

Nothing to find even with a PI. Head further north or south. This area is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN (at least in the water).

Tried to look like a seal (like Casper). Fooled no one! Must work on that.

Lastly, Slim Pickens himself! "Ditto"!

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...
keepin them beaches clean for them tourists. :)

Don't want any gold or silver just laying around here.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
That may be my favorite all time movie. It's in the top 10 for sure!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I think that would have been a good hunt for me!! I've hit all of our beaches near here recently and if I come home with one coin I think I"ve had a good day!! can't remember the last gold I"ve gotten on my home turf!!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Todays finds...not much to write home about

8-10-15 a.m. Palm Beach2.png 8-11-15 a.m. Singer Island.png

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went there once years ago - I think I hunted 2 days - first day I was all over the place looking where other hunters were
did not get much from chest on in unless it was deep (sand was super soft)
second day I headed out as far as I could with mask & snorkel and that's where I did okay
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617-picture636913.html
I did not see another hunter either day wearing one and I saw a lot of hunters
but I think a lot wear them now

OP
OP
C

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
@penzfan,

The key is interesting! I wonder what it went to. My kids would be asking where the treasure chest was! Neat find.

Even if I find something weird I'm happy. I keep my expectations VERY low. :laughing7:

Last week at Belleair Beach I found what I think was a 50 caliber shell casing. There was a sign at the park that indicated the beach and Sand Key were used for bombing and strafing practice in WWII.

I'd like to think the shell casings is related to that activity. I can't imagine any other reason it would be at the beach.

Good luck out there!

Last edited:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
It's the same here in Jensen Beach. All sanded in. I went yesterday and found about 10 dollars worth of quarters all in the same area. I also found one United Emirates coin which made me think that someone from the Emirates was at the beach and was heading home so they decided to throw all their coins into the sand. It was pretty cool the people watching me probably couldn't believe I was finding so much. It took me a good 45 minutes to cover the area from the tide line to the dry sand. Coins were every where. It was fun but a ring would have been nice.

OP
OP
C

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
I think that would have been a good hunt for me!! I've hit all of our beaches near here recently and if I come home with one coin I think I"ve had a good day!! can't remember the last gold I"ve gotten on my home turf!!

I was out at Anna Maria (the public beach that 64 dead ends into) last week when there was a break in the lousy weather. I found a bunch of weird stuff in the trough of the shell line. I found a piece of a chain from a necklace or bracelet, a pink mustache kids ring and a 500 peso coin from Uruguay. Finding the coin was cool because of its size (about the size of a US half dollar). Near the Sandbar Restaurant I found a few coins. Further north toward Bean Point, nothing consequential.

I drove down to Coquina later and it was wrecked. Sand was hard as a rock, really rough looking. Several weeks of the WSW wind and rain took its toll.

I see Cortez Beach is being rebuilt. It will be interesting to see how the new groins affect the flow of sand.

Good luck out there. You're due to find something cool soon! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread