For anyone considering purchase of a Stealth Scoop...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I had no idea of what lead time would be involved between purchase and delivery of the Stealth 920ix scoop. When selecting the scoop from the options choices, I went heavy duty because I would be digging in heavy mud. Thus I expected it would not be an off the shelf scoop, but they'd have to make it for me to my specs.

I placed the order on 9/5/15

Notified yesterday 9/11/15 it was shipped and to expect UPS delivery 9/15/15

So, I would give Sunspot Tooling Systems an absolute A+ on fabrication and turnaround.

Upvote 0

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the nutall scoop looks like it would work for you. for where I am, I'm getting ready to purchase a 720i.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got the 720i but have only taken it out 3 times in 1 weekend. However, those 3 days blew away every other time I've been out before. I love the Stealth!

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just have some ungodly rocks around here

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plymouth - Are you trying to dig into Plymouth Rock? They are made for sand, on what and how are you using it - very interested to hear how you are destroying them so quickly.
like me he is probably prying up rocks as big as your head - that's why he is getting the gold the others guys cant or give up on
I use RTGs - the lip on my all aluminum is a little chewed but hasn't broke yet - using one with a stainless sharper lip now and so far so good

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hhmmm yea, that makes sence, my biggest rock is about the size of a softball, and those are rare. you need a wingman with a prybar

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the RTG, its heavy at 4.5lbs, but I've dug in HEAVY Clay. I stand on it all the time. I'd love to see a photo of a broken one...it probably got run over by a full sized bulldozer.

rtgbbtv6big.jpg

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out with Deepseeker ADS yesterday to try out his new scoop. What a monster! You could have put my scoop inside and have room for half of another scoop. I borrowed it for a while and was amazed at how much sand, rocks, mud you move with one scoop. As soon as I get some spare cash, I'm ordering mine. I broke it in with 2 gold rings!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I broke it in with 2 gold rings!

Yep, he sure did!

At least I found that ONE penny on that sand that looked so darned inviting. I shall return!!!

Of note here is that Steve had mentioned several times how he ran into targets which took scoop after scoop to finally snag using his old scoop. He also mentioned the several times when he never found the target. With that big mouthed Stealth those instances would be a much lesser issue.

I didn't mention his ring finds in my thread on first water hunt - as that's his business to tell :) We live life straight up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread