CZ-21 Grip Question

certman68

Aug 10, 2015
Florida Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I belt mounted my CZ-21. It's now soooooo much lighter to swing on the land! :thumbsup:

I want to replace the handgrip for one that is round vs. oval as it will fit my hand better.

Any suggestions on what grips work well and where to get them?

Any tips from others who belt mounted their units?

Thanks all!

Upvote 0

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used my CZ21 any other way than belt mount. I'm disabled and can't really land hunt at all anymore but I couldn't imagine swinging my detector all day with it mounted to the shaft with the weight of the detector. As far as handgrips go I've never considered changing it but would imagine it would definitely be a custom job. Do they make an Anderson shaft for it?

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Like Sleepy, I never use my CZ20 without the belt mount, even in the water. I normally don't use it on land, but I have and it works quite well. Unfortunately, I have no idea on the hand grip and would likely again agree with Sleepy that it would be a custom job.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
think Anderson does make one and grip is round I think

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny, I hate belt mounting. I don't like hooking it up to my body. If I could, I would not have the headphones either for the same reason. I just put up with the weight - turn on and go. So far, no noticeable increase in the size of my right arm vs the left but a long time detecting can get to my elbow.

certman - glad the folks were able to help you sort it out. Good luck out there.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Anderson is a good one, but may be pricey. Might try a bicycle shop. What shape is the old oval handle in? I have been looking for one. HH Gayle

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get handlebar extensions and nice grips from a bike shop. Here's one I built a couple of off of OBN's design. I have an Anderson shaft for my CZ, but I like the one in my photo better than their squishy foam grip. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442798680.620082.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread